Can you activate, deactivate, configure and move apps before driving / racing?

Hello,

As per the title really.

I'm probably missing something really obvious but I can't seem to find a way of selecting, setting up and moving apps, (chosen from the on-screen pop-in menu on the right), until I'm actually driving, for example when lined up on the grid before race start, when the game is effectively paused and other options like car set-up are available to you.

I therefore find myself starting a race / practice session, coming to a standstill and then making additions and adjustments before restarting etc.(Or heading to the pits)

Once set up of course it's not an issue but if I want to add or tweak something it's a hassle.

Would be ideal if everything could be configured before pressing the Race button.

Cheers!

Last edited:
the answer is no.
But if I understand what you are trying to achieve, you could find the "virtual desktop" thingy we added some updates ago interesting.
In the APP bar you'll see 4 small numbers 1-2-3-4 .. by pressing on those you can switch between 4 "desktops" of apps with different positions.
So if you have a set of apps you want for race, switch to desktop 2, set your apps then you can set the other for other situations ie.. hotlap, qualify etc.

Thanks Stefano.

No problem and whilst the four different 'desktop' options is useful and I do use it, it's not what I meant.

It's just really the ability to be able to tweak 'on the fly' before committing to race start, for example triple monitor FOV, seat position, just moving an app to a slightly better position or increasing / decreasing text size etc, etc. (Especially when using VR) I'm just fussy! :) Once all set up though, it's not an issue but sometimes it takes a little while and a number of attempts whilst in-game' to get everything set up perfectly.

It's no biggy however and I appreciate the response.

Thanks.

For me it seems like you are only doing quickraces. If you have a short practice or qualy session before the race you can simply click on "drive" and you'll stand still in the pits.
Tweak everything and then move to the next session.
Maybe use the race weekend instead, deactivate qualy and only have a short practice where you set up everything and then skip the session straight into the race? :)

For me it seems like you are only doing quickraces. If you have a short practice or qualy session before the race you can simply click on "drive" and you'll stand still in the pits.
Tweak everything and then move to the next session.
Maybe use the race weekend instead, deactivate qualy and only have a short practice where you set up everything and then skip the session straight into the race? :)

You are right, I'm mainly running quick races. Sometimes the best ideas are the simplest. :thumbsup:

Thank you!

I was going to say it's easier for youngsters to adapt to UI and how to opperate it effectively, but I'm turning 42...
But, I agree that a tab with apps, when the main pit menu is open, would be really nice.
Playing multiplayer, you sit in that menu, going through setup, watching chat, opponent laptimes etc, it would make sense to adjust any apps here too. Instead, we press drive, adjust something, hit Esc>back to pits, and back to our menu stuff. It's really just streamlining the UI and making it as userfriendly as possible, I'm sure we'll see that department optimized in the future. The mix of keyboard and must-use-mouse UI is also a thing to improve, especially for VR players.

If you use Content Manager there are some settings for the apps, if i remember well you can set their position and of course which ones to show for each of the 4 "virtual desktops", and save presets. I would recommend using it for the sheer amount of additional options it offers. I am not in front of my gaming PC, this is a screenshot I found at random, not the latest version:
ZmZb39G.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.5%