1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can my rig be considered as a full rig as its for bikes?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by doubledragoncc, May 3, 2013.

1. Hi to all sim fans. Can my rig be considered as a full rig as its for bikes? it has a seat, real controls and a body, so it is in reality a full sim rig, or not? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I would be interested to know what you think. The bodies are real 2004 CBR1000RR race kits from Sharkskinz

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bit of an odd question? For sure it is a sim rig and a nice looking one at that. Usage wise, unless you allow for weight change and stuff I don't see the point. Using real parts alone makes it right from the get go a more 'full rig' than most bed room racer desk rigs..

edit:
    It seems that with the steering you have catered for that in some degree.

Next thing is, a rig is only as good as the sim you use it with and how good of a job you did setting it up. In other words, it can range from a pukefest from crapping your pants awesome, depending on factors beyond just your handywork :) (applies more to full motionrigs but it got the point across hopefully)

3. Hi William, firstly it has all real motorcycle controls using real bars, throttle, brake and clutch levers and grips. It has foot controls for rear brake and shift as per a real bike and you have to lean when steering and it gets you really into a sim. It works on any bike game or sim that runs on any windows platform.

Have to admit I aint puked on it yet but it sure gets your adrenalin going

4. Forgot to add a pic for you William

[​IMG]

This is the barebones system

5. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium Member

Looks really great.. but motorbikes steer mostly be leaning left or right, not by moving the steeringwheel.
    Some many years ago i raced on a arcade version of a system like i described.
    Where you had to lean the whole bike left or right to make a corner.
    I than thought that was a pretty cool system of control.

Could you add some springs/dampers on both sides and connect the frame movement to a controller output?

6. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

[​IMG]

:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. when i was in Spain i played on one of those at least once per day :)
    Would have been nice with a sim game on that thing :)

8. The handlebars swing like a pendulum so you are actually leaning to steer the bike and get more of a feeling of being on one.

9. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Gets my vote..:thumbsup:

10. Holy cow!!!!! That's one awesome rig:thumbsup:

11. Heres some new pics from this weeks work on the 2 Laguna Special Systems

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]