• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Can i Stay 3 years at one team? [Please reply fast =D]

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Szeky, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Szeky

Szeky

Ratings:
    +0
    As the title says,can i stay 3 years at one team?
    I started year 1 with Mercedes,but i want to drive for RebBull and McLaren for the next 6 years,and i wanted to stay 3 years at each team, is it possible?

2. David Kaye

David Kaye

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no idea but I assume the team you are with will offer you a new contract if they want you. If they don't offer you one then I guess not lol !

3. Jason Dewhurst

Jason Dewhurst

Ratings:
    +0
    Didnt think it was possible to start with mercedes.....

4. Szeky

Szeky

Ratings:
    +0
    Me neither,but thanks to the mod i did :D

5. Jason Dewhurst

Jason Dewhurst

Ratings:
    +0
    more enjoyment if you own first season with a poor team :D

2 races 2 wins <<

6. iJAIVIES

iJAIVIES

Ratings:
    +0
    PM me and tell me how you start off as a high team in your first season in a 7 year career please mate :) cheers

7. pred_error

pred_error

Ratings:
    +0
    your speaking of Career all teams eh? be wary as i myself have encountered a big error editing teams to be available on start, your unable to carry on to Season 2 game crashes, i think some users have mentioned it too.

8. melvatronix

melvatronix

Ratings:
    +0
    In my experience, its almost impossible to get a 2nd consecutive season in a top team.

I am in season 6 of 7 for career mode. I have won the WDC 3 times (seasons 3,4,5)
    My season history is as follows: Virgin, Sauber, McLaren, RBR, McLaren and now Ferrari

Even after winning the championship and clearly beating my rival, I did not get offered a contract renewal from McLaren or RBR - yet Virgin and Sauber have. Whats more, the top teams rarely offer contracts mid-season, which is probably where the issue occurs.

However, I think it also has something to do with your contract objectives - you have to meet a certain percentage of them to get a 2nd season offer. Based on some rough calculations, I think its about 80% (combination of qualify position, race results AND final championship place - 37 in total).

This might explain why I get contract offers before the end of the season with Virgin/Sauber every year, but haven't got one even at the end of season with the higher ones.

I am playing on expert though, so maybe i'm just not performing consistently enough - I can meet 90% of race objectives, but only about 60% of qualifying ones.

9. Rich S

Rich S

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the bugs of the game is having to switch teams every damn year....And not being able to continue yir R&D to make the car faster and faster. I believe Codemasters did intend on doing this because just look at all the R&D squares on the R&D screen. Huh.