Can I get a guide to mod downloads

Hi all

Can I get a guide to mod downloads, I just need to know the basics were to put these files unzip or copy too ?

CARS : C\GTL\ ? \ ? \ ?

TRACKS : C\GTL\ ? \ ? \ ?

SKINS : C\GTL\ ? \ ? \ ?

SETUPS : C\GTL\ ? \ ? \ ?

I'm only asking as my son can step in and sort me out when I get stuck, but he's off to Amsterdam in Jan 2013 on work experience who is a game developer in the making doing his degree course in Uni

I'm not aware of any real guides to that, as in a PDF or something..
In short: It's like this:

IMO, you should always unzip/unrar the downloaded mods OUTSIDE of your GTL install folder, and then cut/paste the unpacked folder(s) into your GTL install folder.

Most mod tracks, once unpacked consist of a single folder, named after the track, with several files in them. These always go into the ...\GTL\Gamedata\Locations folder

Mod cars, there's various possibilities:
Some mod cars, once unpacked, contain a Gamedata folder with subfolder(s) like Teams, and/or Sounds in them. Those are the easiest: just merge this Gamedata folder with the ...\GTL\Gamedata folder.

Some other mod cars, once unpacked, only contain a single folder named after the car.
In that case, there's usually a readme included which tells you which car CLASS it belongs to. There's three options: TC-65, GTC-65, or GTC-TC-76, in which case you just drop the car folder in the correponding folder under ...\GTL\Gamedata\Teams\

For skins, AFAIK, you just locate the corresponding car's folder in ...\GTL\Gamedata\Teams\[corrrect car class] and drop your unpacked skin folder in there.

For adding car setups, there's various options depending on your Windows version and whether you have a digital or DVD version, which I'm not sure as I'm not on my gaming rig ATM

Hope this helps.. a little at least.:rolleyes:

If I may, I'd like to just qualify/clarify a couple of Roland's comments here even though he is not incorrect in either statement:
Some other mod cars, once unpacked, only contain a single folder named after the car.
In that case, there's usually a readme included which tells you which car CLASS it belongs to. There's three options: TC-65, GTC-65, or GTC-TC-76, in which case you just drop the car folder in the correponding folder under ...\GTL\Gamedata\Teams\

There is also the "Extra Cars" folder in Teams by default, some cars do install to that location, but they can belong to any class from there.

The Le Mans 55 cars also have their own folder called (unsurprisingly) LM55.

For skins, AFAIK, you just locate the corresponding car's folder in ...\GTL\Gamedata\Teams\[corrrect car class] and drop your unpacked skin folder in there.

GTL doesn't really use the concept of "skins" like Race or rFactor1 does. Each different livery is a complete car, so you can't just drop a paint file into a folder and apply it to a default model like you can in those other games. But again, he has the concept absolutely correct.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%