1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a career be restored from backup? (PC)

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by imacken, Oct 21, 2010.

1. If I make a copy of the 'savegame' folder, can it be used to restore a career if it all goes wrong?
  2. yes but that "backup" must be made when you are not testing new stuff, I mean R&D...I done that and it busted my backup cos I was in P1, I made R&D goal and wanted to quit so I pressed alt+f4....that was mistake. Game doesn't even loads up.... It just crashing during startup.

So YES, you can back up your savegame folder after compleated race, that's is safest options me thinks.
  3. OK, I tried to restore one from after the Shanghai race following some messing around in Spain, and it restored OK to the pre-Spain state. So, it seems to work.
  4. Thanks. Looking at that thread and the mention of True Image made me remember that I have Geniesoft's superb Timeline running. I checked on that and there are over 300 versions of the savegame folder backed up!
  5. Well one of them should work. :D:D
    I think you have nothing to worry about - apart from all the hard-drive space your backed up folders are using.:wink: