1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

Calling Rally Fans!!!

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Alasdair Beck, Dec 30, 2013.

1. I know this is probably not the place for this but I'll give it a go........

My names Alasdair Beck, I've been competing in the RDRC for the last couple of years and I won the production title in 2012.

I've also been involved in rallying in real life since I was a baby and for many years my father was the coordinator of the Scottish Rally Championship. I've been involved in the tv coverage of the championship for a few years now and this year I've put together a review focusing on the clubmen competing in the championship, the guys who don't get featured in the main programmes because they're outside of the top 10.

The programme is going to be broadcast on Motors T.V this friday ( Jan 3rd 2014 ) at 8.30pm UK time. I would really appreciate if people could record it or view it and give me some feedback on how I can improve on it if I am asked to do it again next year.

This is my first time doing anything like this and amazingly I managed to score Jon Desborough (now confirmed as 2014 WRC television presenter) to do the commentary which is a huge deal for me!!!

Thanks and I look forward to next years RDRC

Alasdair

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Holy! Great Work!!! And I'm sure there are people here with Motors TV that may have the chance to help you out as well! :D

3. Thanks Ole!!!!!! Its exciting but also a bit nerve wracking! all I would say is people need to check the channel because I'm not sure if its available in all countries that have motors. I hope it is though

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Well, I might have to ask @Roy Magnes to find out if he have the chance to record, I do think he have Motors at least! :)

5. I would love your guys feedback on it. Its focused on a lot of the 2wd guys if you like that kind of stuff. Hopefully it's available for you. I might upload it to youtube after the fact for some people who would like to view it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TTupsi

TTupsi
    Premium Member

I missed the show on Friday but would love to watch it if you upload it to Youtube :thumbsup:

7. what was the name of the show? was it the scottish rally round-up? If so, good show my friend well done!

8. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

really interesting programe, unfortunately i wasn't able to see it because i only saw this thread today, could you tell me what is the name of the programe so i try to catch a repetition of it?
    it's very interesting to focus on the drivers that are just racing because they like it, even if they don't have good results they just keep racing because it's their passion, it's nice to see someone apreciating the effort those guys do :thumbsup:

9. It was the Scottish Rally Championship roundup. I think its being repeated over the next week or so on Motors. Thats exactly my view too, these guys are people I'm friends with and I like watching them out on the stages.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yep thats the one sir. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I seem to have been given a lot of positive feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i'm going to look for it in the programing and try to watch it :thumbsup:

12. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

First time I've seen this thread- i'll keep an eye out for the programme! I do a lot of motosport photography so I was going to try and get a few rally shots to enhance my portfolio. I'm thinking of attending the Jim Clark or the McRae stages.

Any chance of a wild-card entry into the championship this year?! I'll provide everything except the car, helmet, nomex suit, co-driver, tyres, fuel and sponsors. It's a very good deal!

13. Come on Sir. At least buy the driving gloves

14. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

You drive a hard bargain... DEAL!

15. plus maybe some pies for the service crew lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

No-one's taking any pies off me!!