• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying G25/27 Pedals

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Robert Cochrane, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Robert Cochrane

Robert Cochrane

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm looking at buying replacement pedals for My DFGT Wheel. I am looking at trying and getting a set of G25/27 pedals. Just wanting to know what is a good price for them or if anyone got any for sale. I'm from Scotland UK any info would be much appreciated.

2. Terry Evers

Terry Evers

Ratings:
    +159
  3. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +747
  4. Robert Cochrane

Robert Cochrane

Ratings:
    +2
    thx for the info on what else is needed i thought i might need an adapter cable

5. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +747
    Robert
    You need to get the Leo Bodnar cable as well as, the G27 pedals work independently with a USB connector box in to the PC not plugged into the wheel like the default set, that's all you need

6. Terry Evers

Terry Evers

Ratings:
    +159
    My G27 gas pedal finaly broke after 3 years of allmost daily abuse..
    Only getting about 90% input and spiking hard :(

So for now I am back on a DFGT aswell ..
    Good news however is I finaly had a reason to order a pair of these:
    [​IMG]

They should be in the mail right now so I hope to be up and running again soon.. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  7. Robert Cochrane

Robert Cochrane

Ratings:
    +2
    Thx Paul for helping me out with what i got to do all i need now is to wait and see if i can get a set of the pedals now.
    @terry they look a very good set plus got a load cell on break so if i can't get G27 pedals they will be ones ill get )))))))

• Like Like x 1
  8. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +151
    Clean your potentiometers, or get some new ones... only cost 5 dollars each.
    Than they would work like new again.

http://www.amazon.com/BeesClover-10K-Ohm-Potentiometer/dp/B0002KRE20

9. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing

Ratings:
    +1,078
    If you open the pedals up, clean them and use a bit of contact spray you should be able to fix it.
    I have mine since 5 years and recently got more spiking. I found a more detailed guide including removing the potis etc, but opening, cleaning and putting contact spray on the potis without any further disassembly worked great for me.
    It is a 10min job + the waiting a bit until the contact spray is gone and my pedals work like on day 1.
    I had to repeat it now as the spiking came back after a few month, but as I still really like the pedals I don't care to invest 10min 4 times a year :D

/edit: Found the guide first result on google: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...ogitech-g25-g27-pedal-pontentiometers.247510/
    I only went until step 4 and cleaned as much as I could and used contact spray. Might not be the best longterm solution, but it is a lot faster and less complicated and less risky.

10. Robert Cochrane

Robert Cochrane

Ratings:
    +2
    Sorted for pedals now got G27 for £40 Leo Bodnar cable on route see ya later DFGT Pedals )))))))))))))))

• Like Like x 1