• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Dear fan, please make sure to like the video and subscribe to our channel to be eligible to win this round's prize provided by our sponsor.

Button Shortcuts?

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Kris Cabrera, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Kris Cabrera

Kris Cabrera

Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently using a g25 wheel and was curious if there is a way to change the throttle maps just using one button instead of using the menu and pressing left right etc?? same for tires?

I am currently building a custom wheel with controllers etc and i though it would be nice to just be able to change the throttle maps and tire selection with an encoder or even a button is that possible in f1 2010 for PC? and do you think they will change that for 2011?

2. Joel Vischer

Joel Vischer

Ratings:
    +17
    For PC there is almost anything possible though i couldn't find anything on the web for you but it might be so u can change it ingame with MYF1. Sorry mate but can't help you out much further!

JV

3. Kris Cabrera

Kris Cabrera

Ratings:
    +0
    yea as far as i know you have to use the d-pad to navigate, but i am going to keep searching

4. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +16
    You can configure macros for controller buttons in the logitech profiler, including keystrokes and delays :)

5. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Yup - what he said!

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX club driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,019
    I love my G13 for this alone.
    There are also stand alone keyboeard programs that will do the same (macro your keyboard)

7. Lenard Schaeffler

Lenard Schaeffler

Ratings:
    +30
    I tried the using macros with both my Razer kb and my custom built button box made out of a saitek cyborg command unit, it seems the game does not like any macros setup for that menu system, I cant get either to even register but it could be out of my own stupidity

8. Nicolas van de Velde

Nicolas van de Velde

Ratings:
    +3
    Interesting, could anybody explain how I could create such a macro using the G27's profiler? Because I'm not an ace at using that thing :)

9. Kris Cabrera

Kris Cabrera

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes could anyone explain how to do that? very interested???

10. Lenard Schaeffler

Lenard Schaeffler

Ratings:
    +30
    cricket...cricket...cricket...

11. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    It's on my list of things to do :)

12. jrv07

jrv07

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol...when I clicked this thread I thought it was about Button's AI: He cuts the corners! ;)

13. Robert Eady

Robert Eady

Ratings:
    +16
    Very brief tutorial to create button macros in the logitech profiler:

First select/create your f1 2010 profile and make sure it points to F1_2010_game.exe

Then click on one of the controller buttons on the right hand side of the screen (the blue text) and click Select Command > New Command...

Then chose a sensible name for the macro and put it in the Name: box (all macros must have a different name)
    Press Options... , tick Record Pauses and press OK
    The press Record and press the buttons for your macro (e.g. D-pad buttons) - I recommend leaving about 1 sec between each press just to make sure they're all detected by the game
    Then press Stop
    Finally press OK and it should work :)

To re-record your macro, click on the text for the button (it will now be the name of your macro) and press Edit - [macro name]
    Here just press Record then Stop again to re-record the macro and press OK

To remove the macro from the button, click the text for the button and press Restore default (Button [#])

Hope that's helpful :)

14. Nicolas van de Velde

Nicolas van de Velde

Ratings:
    +3
    Very helpful, I've tried it out and it works just fine, thanks!

Only thing I needed to change was the profile's .exe file.It wouldn't start with the F1_2010_game.exe,it needed the f1_2010.exe file, but I guess that doens't change much, does it? =)