1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Button Box

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by SergioCarr, Dec 16, 2013.

1. I've just started a button box, using an old MS Sidewinder Wheel controller. I'ts just a 3 axis 8 buttons controller, but it'll give me some basic functions I need for iRacing.

Now the box itself is done, the 8 buttons are working fine.

As for the 3 analog inputs which were initially assigned for axis pots I have some difficulty:

1st my idea was to use one pot for spotters volume and the other two to use rotary encoders for brake bias and POV +/-
    I've tried to connect one of these to a two way switch (on/off/on) but since the controller still thinks it's a pot once I do one touch one direction the axis goes all the way and I am only able to go in the other direction (like a on/off button but returning to the middle position. is there any software I can use to configure this? I am using the original MS driver, by the way. The other problem with this driver is that X and Y axis cannot be separated. Also a problem here since I wanted them to work independently.

Any help on the sub would be welcomed :) thx in advance!

Sergio Carr
  2. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

Hmm, I bought some cheap software to make my logitech joystick work as a 4 speed shifter a lil while back, maybe that could be of any help to you, can't recall the name right now, I tried it once and haven't used it since (it did work though), but I'll try to recall and post a link.
  3. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

@SergioCarr Sry m8 can't find the software lol, if I happen to remember it I'll pop back and post.