Buttkicker 2 with playseat challenge

I have one on mine and love it. Let me know if you would like any photos. I used a silicon fusion tape to make the clamp nice and snug and a bit more noise-less.

In fact, I've flirted with the idea of adding a second buttkicker to do independent left and right effects, I like it so much.

Upvote 0
Interesting, do you have located centrally or on one leg?

It's clamped to the left leg, with the transducer pointed towards centre. I believe there's just enough room to do the same on the right leg, in order to run a left and right setup... Though maybe it would be a little much (and I don't necessarily want to have to fiddle with software to make it work the way I envision it). I like to dream, though!

Even with one buttkicker gamer 2, and running solely off of the sound level versus a more sophisticated telemetry setup... It's pretty great and improves immersion, especially in VR.

Upvote 0
YMMV. My Playseat Challenge does not rattle at all with the Buttkicker. I just get the vibrations of the transducer. Maybe I am lucky and mine is a bit more solid than Chrhun's. However, in my case I'm definitely on board with the idea that for me the first worthwhile upgrade is to an 80-20 rig some day when time, space, and money all come together.

Upvote 0
It's clamped to the left leg, with the transducer pointed towards centre. I believe there's just enough room to do the same on the right leg, in order to run a left and right setup... Though maybe it would be a little much (and I don't necessarily want to have to fiddle with software to make it work the way I envision it). I like to dream, though!

Even with one buttkicker gamer 2, and running solely off of the sound level versus a more sophisticated telemetry setup... It's pretty great and improves immersion, especially in VR.

I have an Omega Art rig and originally attempted left/right setup under the seat but it didn't feel great. I personally found it a bit odd originally having the seat "reacting" to the road surface but my feet felt isolated.

I added a buttkicker LFE under the seat and put my original ADX Maximus transducers mounted to the pedals and the back of the seat. and it felt much better now my feet also receive feedback.

The unit on the back of my seat probably helps out, but I think the seat itself being leather is damping a lot of the vibrations (the buttkicker LFE is mounted to the rig under the seat and is powerful enough to overcome any damping from the seat itself).

I think having L/R setup might be better if you have something set up for each corner, but then you might swamp the rig with feedback.

Telemetry setup is easy to do with SimHub, and I find telemetry works way better than just tactile audio alone. The difference is huge, but it takes some time to tweak everything to feel it's best.

Upvote 0
I have an Omega Art rig and originally attempted left/right setup under the seat but it didn't feel great. I personally found it a bit odd originally having the seat "reacting" to the road surface but my feet felt isolated.

I added a buttkicker LFE under the seat and put my original ADX Maximus transducers mounted to the pedals and the back of the seat. and it felt much better now my feet also receive feedback.

The unit on the back of my seat probably helps out, but I think the seat itself being leather is damping a lot of the vibrations (the buttkicker LFE is mounted to the rig under the seat and is powerful enough to overcome any damping from the seat itself).

I think having L/R setup might be better if you have something set up for each corner, but then you might swamp the rig with feedback.

Telemetry setup is easy to do with SimHub, and I find telemetry works way better than just tactile audio alone. The difference is huge, but it takes some time to tweak everything to feel it's best.

Your setup sounds great.

I figured a four corner setup would be too much for my playset challenge (indeed, perhaps too overwhelming for me even in an 80/20 rig). Glad to hear the simhub telemetry setup is easy even if there's tweaking to be done... I need to finally try to get that going.

Upvote 0
Your setup sounds great.

I figured a four corner setup would be too much for my playset challenge (indeed, perhaps too overwhelming for me even in an 80/20 rig). Glad to hear the simhub telemetry setup is easy even if there's tweaking to be done... I need to finally try to get that going.

You will love the difference between audio only and telemetry, you can get way more detail. The best way I found to set it up is:

Disable all the effects.

Choose a single effect to test and tweak, and once you are happy turn that one off, and set up the next.

When you set them up one-by-one you get a way better idea of how each effect feels so you recognise whats being communicated, and if some effects feel plain bad you can just tweak them more or decide to leave them off.

Once you re-enable them in layers, if it feels wrong or bad, just start tweaking them again or trying different combinations.

If you keep a list of what effects are set up how you like, and which combinations feel good, this can really help you keep track.

If too many effects are enabled it can all feel a bit of a mess, so you might have prioritise the effects you find most important - "less is more" is something that crops up here a lot, specially if you have transducers with limited frequency bands, or an amp which could be struggling for power.

Finally, as all rigs are different, other people's settings wont always translate well to your own setup, but they can give you ideas of stuff to try, specially if your hardware is similar. Also don't do what I did and get freaked out when someone else with the perfect setup says how amazing and lifelike theirs is, whilst I was still wondering "what is a low pass filter?". Just take your time and have some fun with it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies