• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Build v1.20 released on Steam with TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen virus detected

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by robrace1, Dec 28, 2016.

1. robrace1

robrace1

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi
    At the beginning of the download, my Avira Antivirus detected a TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen virus in the AMB exe file and stopped the download by quarantined the file as such.
    Is this what is called a 'false positive or is the update corrupted?

What do I need to do now regarding the Steam download given that the exe file is now as I said quarantined?

robrace

2. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +556
    not sure where exactly set it in Avira but in general you wanna exclude game instalation folder from your AV and than restoring exe file from quaranteene or run integrity check on steam.

3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,243
    Very likely false positive. I used to use Avira years ago and, like many anti-virs, it used to use a bunch of signatures to try and recognise new viruses/trojans before they were officially identified. It led to many false positives. I'm sure recognition has improved since then, but false positives still happen.

4. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Premium

Ratings:
    +892
    I never had any issues with avg. the only thing i can suggest is dissable av, download and renable av and see if that works.

5. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +556
    also write about this on official forums pls so devs can work this out .. they recently dealed with similiar issue with AVAST

6. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,739
  7. schlitty

schlitty

Ratings:
    +95
    They've had trouble with some updates and false positives on Norton AntiVirus before too. Very likely a false positive, as mentioned you should post about it on the Reiza forums too.

8. Reb.Ellion

Reb.Ellion
    Premium

Ratings:
    +435
    -

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  9. Zzyzx

Zzyzx

Ratings:
    +13
    I downloaded rFactor 2 off steam the other day and got a 'false positive' with Ad-aware. :p

10. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict" Premium

Ratings:
    +636
    A good FREE anti virus/firewall is Comodo, rarely gives false positives, has daily updates and it's been around now for years.

Just google it.

11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +91
    I have kaspersky and it straight deleted assetto when i ran it the first time. :mad:

12. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,987