1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BTB & 3DSimEd Track Merging Tutorial

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by R Soul, Mar 28, 2014.

1. I recently decided to remake my track merging video tutorial since we have newer versions of BTB and 3DSimEd. In the latest set of videos I also show you a good way of dealing with a second track that rejoins the main track, as you get when tracks have multiple layouts.

There are 8 videos on youtube, so it's best to post a link to the tutorial index page I made:
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Excellent Tutorial,
  3. I'm glad you liked it. :)
  4. R Soul - Always appreciate your tutorials!
  5. thank you!

thanks to you, the quality on my plot will have a better quality.

I'm writing a track for rfactor2 and with this method the result is top
  6. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Everytime when i try to copy objects into the main track, it does not add the textures to it.
  7. I presume you're talking about the 3DSimed phase, but it's best to remember to provide information like that.

Make sure all files are kept in the same folder. And there used to be a bug when using Primitives > Add Object that would prevent textures being shown. I think Dave fixed it so make sure you have latest version of 3DSimed.
  8. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

It is about the 3dsimed phase. "Make sure all files are kept in the same folder". Do you mean that after the export all files have to be in one folder?
    I was working on a test track: Simply 1 mile track. An pitlane with an entry and exit. Exported it, uploaded in 3dsimed and started to work in it. Nothing packed or in different map structures.
  9. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

I have downloaded the 30w version. Had the 30v version. Now it works!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Bit embarrassing... "reload textures" would have done the job too. :unsure:
  11. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

I am using 3dsimed v3.0w now. Together with the great tutorial from RSoul it finally works out for me!