Brightness calibration

Does anyone know if there is a function within Assetto Corsa to calibrate for brightness. I know you can manually make adjustments with pg up and down but that is not what I am referring to. The reason I ask this question is because I play games with my laptop connected to my TV and one game I played required the brightness to be turned up because the in game setting was not bright enough. I therefore calibrated my other games to the new brightness setting to avoid constant adjustment. Most games have an internal config setting that gets you to look at an image and adjust a slider to get correct brightness level.
Has anyone figured out how to calibrate brightness setting in AC?
Thanks.

Thanks for the reply onearmedbandit46.
Yes I am using Content Manager, Sol and Custom Shaders Patch and I am aware of those options. I did make the change to 100% as I saw that in one of the FAQs. I initially found it impossible to drive at night so my screen brightness was probably too low. I was just wondering if there is an overall game brightness calibration that you can start with before making any other changes. Most games have this. I think I read that the pg up/down setting is independent of whether you are using cockpit or chase cam view. Do you know if this is correct?

Ah yeah I understand what you're referring to, most games on initial startup allow you to adjust the brightness. Looking into it pgup/pgdw seems to be the common method employed, although some suggest turning HDR off or modifying the HDR.ini file in system/cfg.

"BLOOM_BASE=1(default)" '0.5-0.7"

I know it's not exactly what you like but I've found in this game sometimes you do need to approach things from different angles. I play in VR and only from cockpit view so haven't tried playing with pgup/dw at all let alone comparing so can't help there. Good luck.

Thanks again for the reply onearmedbandit46.
I will have a look at that setting you mentioned. I didn't know AC even supported HDR (unless it's some kind of simulated HDR you are referring to). I understand what you mean when you say maybe I need to approach AC and its settings a little differently. Maybe because of all the customization there is no single brightness calibration for the game.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.