Brazilian Road

Me, as like almost everybody who plays racer, love to drive at polish roads. So I always thought about do a brazilian road like that. Me and Raphael are planning to join our forces to do a great place to drive around, and other people around world can try a little how is driving here. It will be fictional places, but the feeling will be the same of real drive.

Here is a few pics of the first thing that I did.

Raphael, you are welcome to put any news here too.

1-2.jpg

2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Great to see some scratch made tracks :D

My 2p from what I have learnt recently wrt lines on surfaces, do it with decals.

Have maybe a 1x 2048 x 2048 texture with all your paints on it, and then have all the cut-outs for the lines/shapes needed in the alpha. Then you can get sharper quality paint edges. You could even add a bump map to it to give the paint some more texture if you wanted.
You can elevate them about 5mm above the road surface and 'drive' on them too, so give them a different material (slippier), so when you hit them you feel a slight bump and can lose traction.
The don't filter badly with distance or viewing angle, so the quality looks better (ie, anistropic filtering is needed at very high levels to get lines looking solid into the distance)

You can add lots more quality and detail for a single texture/shader for the whole track, which is quite efficient!

You can also have much more artistic freedom to go wild with decals too, so you can just make your asphalt surfaces as needed, then worry about the white lines in separate polygons.

Decals seem to be the way forward now for the Racer gfx engine.

Cheers

Dave

Was just thinking, it's a perfect project to animate those barriers with simple skeletons (2 bones) + triggerlines, so when any car approaches it would open automatically. Sure, we could do it a little more complex too, with some characters & some audio trigger events...could be lol !

Let me know, if you need some help implementing these...
Looking forward !

Of sure mate, I will just model and send to raphael, and he will put ingame. I am sure he will like your idea! I am in! I think I will need more things to be animated, we will keep talking~!

no alex, it is 3ds rendering. WOuld be nice to add some traffic on it, This is why I will do a little circuit kind there, to simulate roadway traffic when racer allow it

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%