1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Brake pedal problems

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Ivo Simons, Oct 12, 2009.

1. The last couple of weeks i noticed that i didn't had good speed in the cars.
    Now i found this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to remap the brake pedal. Then it goes away but when i start driving the brake lights start to flicker again and i go to control options and it's back again.
    I have the same problem with other sims. So it's a problem with the pedals.

Any suggestions? :)

2. Logitech wheel?

That happens to me every once in a while. I thought it was a hardware issue but it's not.

Just unplug your wheel, run clear Logitech Clear Calibration Utility, plug back in your wheel, and problem solved :)

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

3. Buy some contact spray in the local 'bouwmarkt'. Spray it into the pots. And you won't have a problem for a while.

4. If none of that works, just set a 5% deadzone on the brakes. I have to run that with my bodnar box otherwise it does the same sort of thing in Evo. Only game to do it though so a small deadzone is an easy fix.

5. I had this problem Ivo.
    I just phoned up logitech and they gave me a new wheel and pedals.

The calibration tool did't work for me mike

6. Mike his tool worked :good:. I better buy some contact spray also just to be sure. :)

Thanks for the help guys. Hope this was the reason that a lost so much time in many races the last weeks. :wink2:

7. I've noticed it doesn't work unless you unplug your wheel first and sometimes a reboot is needed before you plug the wheel back in.

*Knock on wood* it's worked every time for me.

8. Lol. Fixed the pedals with Mike's tool and i used Johan his spray.
    And got already 1 second of my PB with the F1 mod on the first lap. :D

9. If you're wheel is still under warranty, Logitech may replace it for you. I had a problem with my G25 shifter and Logitech was very generous - I just had to send them back the shifter so they could check it out and they sent me a whole new boxed wheel (everything included, pedals, shifter, wheel).

Great service.

10. Ah I'm starting to see the old pedal problem again. 3rd set now over a matter of years ect!, Great tips on how to help fix the problems, Thank you :)

11. Hmm got the problem again. Did the calibration trick and it works again. But it's getting annoying. If i phone Logitech do i need to send the old pedals before i get a new one? :)

12. Logitech will ask you over the phone to try the calibration tool....just lie and say it doesn't work anymore ;)

The support guy has to make sure you try that first (the call is being recorded).

Once he is sure it's not a software problem, he will ask you to send the pedals in and they will send you a whole new unit (wheel, shifter, pedals).

I've gone through this with Logitech 3 times now :)

13. Thanks Mike.
    How long does it take before you got the new ones at home? :)

14. Once they receive the broken unit from you, they usually ship within 2 days.

The faster they get it, the faster you get a new one.

15. i hope they use a better method of delivery than thrustmaster as i am still waiting for a new pedal set that was supposed to be shipped 3 weeks ago, the time it is taking i think it must be a little Chinaman cycling like crazy all the way to the UK with it on his back.