F1 2012 Brake balance and side menus

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I am having a real hard time figureing out the side menus for car adjustment. I have a G25 wheel and a button box. Where do you guys map them?
I am having problems both making the menu appear but mostly applying changes. I am racing an F1 car, I cannot be messing around with buttons that don;t work and menus that disappear on me.

I especially tried using the brake balance. I am used for it to be mapped to 2 buttons. But instead here you first have to call the side menu, then you have to navigate and I have no idea if I applied it or not. Most of the time, the menu disappears by the time I find the right keys to move it up or down.

Most of the time, my engineer is telling me that I am locking the back, while I can see I am locking the fronts big time. So I ignore it. But it would be nice to be able to change the balance, it's just too cumbersome for me or I am unclear of the concept.

The other menu on the right side, most of the time doesn't even appear, but even if it does I wouldn't know what to do with it. Again, I am supposed to be driving a F1 car. Not messing around with popup windows.

That menu for brake bias, engine management and tyre selection all work as a Up, Down, Left, Right menu.

For instance, to select front brake bias, you would press down, to activate the menu, down again, to select 'brakes', and up, to select 'Front'.

I have a DFP and I have that particular menu mapped to my D-pad, and since I use paddles to shift I have look behind and car status mapped to my gearstick, as I don't have much room.

I am getting better at it, but still it seems unnecessarily cumbersome when one button could be mapped to + and one to - like most other games do.
An what I don;t like, there seems to be no feedback on whetehr it took or not (and when it does take, I can hardly tell the difference. Try doing that in GTR2 or rFactor and see how you spin at the next turn)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.8%