1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Boullier doubts Kubica has a future at Lotus

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Scott Webber, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Deep down i had a gut feeling Boullier would come out with something like this.

Renault team principal Eric Boullier, says he doubts whether Robert Kubica has a future at the outfit, which from next season will be known as Lotus.
    [​IMG]
    The Polish driver joined Renault in 2010, but prior to the 2011 season he seriously injured himself in a rally accident. His injuries ruled him out of competing in 2011, as well as the start of 2012, though his manager is confident of him returning to the sport before the end of next season.

Renault may have dealt his chances a blow after Boullier cast doubt over whether Kubica has a future at the team, and whether they would assist him in his return to F1.
    When asked if the team would allow Kubica to utilise their facilities, such as their simulator, Boullier said only if Kubica commits his future to the team, amid speculation that he could replace Massa at Ferrari in 2013 if he's fit.

source

2. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Wow this would be a big gamble from Ferrari to put Kubica in at the deep end. If the crash didn't happen I would have no doubt Kubica would have matched or bettered Alonso, but the crash may have affected Kubica in the same way Hungaroring affected Massa.

3. Would love to see Kubica in a red car.

4. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Virgin cars have red in them :)

5. ...if Marussia doesn't change it next season:p

Branson still going to sponsor them?

6. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I doubt we will see Kubica in an F1 again.

He had the potential to be WC one day but... he had that accident.

7. No idea, it will probably be a Virgin inspired car but maybe not a full livery.
    Marussia has been with the team since the start but took a controlling stake for 2012.

Perhaps we see the colors light blue, white and red?
    [​IMG]

8. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

That is hideous!

9. I doubt Boullier has a future at Lotus.

10. Not as hideous as their cars!! :)

11. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

If Robert still can't move his fingers properly he will never be in a F1 car again. The last news I've read he wasn't able to turn the buttons on the steering wheel properly.

Maybe its time for him to have a look in another series to make a comeback into racing?

12. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

I don't see him in any competitive racing (any series) for at least another year.

13. I think he will be back in Q2 next year. He just needs more time.

14. Bram

Bram

Time won't help unfortunately when you have damaged nerves in your hand.

15. boullier is the biggest jerk in f1... amonth ago he said theyd never let him go no matter what . now kimi comes and boullier does bad agan .

16. Nerves heal to a certain extent depending on the person and the incident. Do you have anything i can look at that says Kubica´s hand is damaged and he wont be able to drive an F1 car?

17. Bram

Bram

• Like Like x 2