Bonnet view

Hey guys - I race GTR2 in VR but I also race it in Triple Screens - considering GTR2 doesn't support true multi view it's pretty good. However, I would like to race in a wide bonnet view and use the virtual mirror instead - does anyone know of a good setting where the actual bonnet is on display but none of the cockpit or windscreen . I have a had a look at defviews but it's driving me around the bend.

Also I have multiple GTR2 installs - for the view above I'm trying to do is there a way to make it the default rather than the inside cockpit being default. I know I can assign button but I'm very lazy. :D

Edit: Watched a youtube vid from 2009 and the guy there for sure has the bonnet view on single monitor I'm after - maybe it's my triples is the prob' in this view.

Last edited:
Hi
You can have any view you want, but you must learn how to adjust it in the files.

Goto the Gamedata/teams folder and locate the .CAR file for the car you are driving. Open the file with notepad and look for the Eyepoint line.

Eyepoint=(0.321, 0.6, -0.25) are the camera coordinates in cockpit view.

From memory, the last number moves the camera back and forth. Just experiment by changing one number and saving. Then test in the game. The idea is to move the camera forward through the windscreen and get the perfect camera view to your liking.

Hi - thanks for input! Yep, I'm familiar with the car files per skin. I've adjusted all the car files per skin and it took me forever to do it to my liking, but with the bonnet view I thought there may be a one setting that fits all as I only wanted to display the bonnet on all cars and nothing else. But have now discovered the defview radius setting and have made great adjustments with my triples for GTR2. May make a thread about it now...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 39 38.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 58 56.9%