BMW M3 GTR (E46) Sound Mod

Sounds BMW M3 GTR (E46) Sound Mod 0.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Halcyonn submitted a new resource:

BMW M3 GTR (E46) Sound Mod - One-of-a-kind metallic screaming BMW NA V8

Made for: xm_bmw_m3e46gtr_gt2

After monts of working on this project I feel like I can finally release it to the public. Samples/recordings were really hard to come by so it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but the character of the sound is there. I do plan however on updating it if/when I find new sources.

I've also included a data file that removes automatic throttle blipping since the real GTR didn't have that, totally optional...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,
The sound does not work for me. When i drag it into the sfx file, assetto corsa doesn't lunch. The only way AC lunches is by dragging the old sound file in and when i play, there is no sound at all ://
Can anyone help me ?

Hi,

hmm, that's odd. Are you dragging in both the .GUIDs and bank file into the sfx directory? Have you double checked that you are using the same car as the one I made the sound for?

Halcyonn updated BMW M3 GTR (E46) Sound Mod with a new update entry:

0.7 Change Log

Exterior:
Adjusted exterior front and rear cone angles (i.e when you hear the intake sound VS. when you hear the exhaust)
New load rear exhaust sounds at low/mid RPM
Adjusted sound attenuation curve (meaning you should be able to hear the car clearer when racing for example the RSS GT1 cars)
New and improved intake sound (took a lot of work to clean that up)
Removed low-pass filter from front facing angle (LOL? must've tried something in the first version and forgot to turn it off, intake...

Read the rest of this update entry...

0.8 is a bit late as I can see
Just a headsup, I got this sound mod working with the BMW M3 GTR found in the description of this YT Video, which seems to be the actual car required for this sound mod, just with _(RWD) on the end of the name:

It already has this sound mod installed, but if you want to update or downgrade the mod, just edit the sound mods files and change the xm_bmw_m3e46gtr_gt2 in the GUID.txt file to xm_bmw_m3e46gtr_gt2_(RWD) and change the .bank file name to xm_bmw_m3e46gtr_gt2_(RWD).

Last edited:
Just a headsup, I got this sound mod working with the BMW M3 GTR found in the description of this YT Video, which seems to be the actual car required for this sound mod, just with _(RWD) on the end of the name:

It already has this sound mod installed, but if you want to update or downgrade the mod, just edit the sound mods files and change the xm_bmw_m3e46gtr_gt2 in the GUID.txt file to xm_bmw_m3e46gtr_gt2_(RWD) and change the .bank file name to xm_bmw_m3e46gtr_gt2_(RWD).
I tried changing both the text in the GUID.txt file and the bank file names but still it doesn't work, I hear nothing...
Any idea on how to fix this?

I tried changing both the text in the GUID.txt file and the bank file names but still it doesn't work, I hear nothing...
Any idea on how to fix this?
Hi there,

I just tried renaming both the bank file and GUIDs in my mod and checked with the AG version and everything worked fine, are you sure you spelled everything correctly when you tried it? Double check, otherwise I need to see what you wrote in order to help you.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I just tried renaming both the bank file and GUIDs in my mod and checked with the AG version and everything worked fine, are you sure you spelled everything correctly when you tried it? Double check, otherwise I need to see what you wrote in order to help you.
Unless I really understood something wrong I'm pretty sure everything is spelled right, I'll send you what I wrote so that you can check (I might have missed something and not even realise it somehow).
Btw the last line create itself every time I launch the game using that car, I tried using rwd instead of RWD and it didn't make another one, but the car still had no sound.

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-06-28 222548.png
    Immagine 2023-06-28 222548.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 41
  • immagine_2023-06-28_222716347.png
    immagine_2023-06-28_222716347.png
    5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Unless I really understood something wrong I'm pretty sure everything is spelled right, I'll send you what I wrote so that you can check (I might have missed something and not even realise it somehow).
Btw the last line create itself every time I launch the game using that car, I tried using rwd instead of RWD and it didn't make another one, but the car still had no sound.
Hmm, only difference I can see compared to my files, is the lowercase "rwd" in your .bank file name. Try changing that to uppercase "RWD" and try.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies