AC BMW M3 E30 DTM @ Nurburgring GP - Tue 21st October 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Entries are now closed. The guys that are in the waiting list should join TS at 19:00GMT to see if there is a free spot.

Akis, my computer internet is currently down,problem in the whole neighborhood.it may or may not be solved in time for the qualy.if not, please someone else take my spot.sorry for inconvenience, was totally unexpected, now i m from the phone

Not a great event for me. Got started from the pit lane despite coming 12th in quali and not disconnecting. I was released mid pack and into the first corner and was spun round. I then righted myself but was hit by someone attempting to turn round. I suffered only minor bodywork damage but a few corners later someone spun in front of me and I hit them which caused severe damage to my car including bent steering. I made my way back to the pits however my pit box was missing. I think the issue was the game not taking me out of quali mode as you can see from the screenshot that was taken when I tried to pit during the race. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fwsw0k1vygv1sb/Screenshot 2014-10-21 20.37.30.png?dl=0

Screenshot%202014-10-21%2020.37.30.png

Sorry, i bumped someone T1, was really slow but still...sorry :unsure:

My race? lool:laugh: really bad driving with my precious new shifter :D was totally different feeling!
Killed my clutch the whole race and mid of last lap it died :roflmao:
Guess i really have to train heel & toe once again :redface:

Anyway was great to test my new shifter with you guys :)

Not the best race for me either. Qualified 1st and ended 16th :D. Anyways, had my fun at the end of the pack. Wish our fight would have last longer @Akis Kevrekidis , but it wasn't my day. I'm totally sorry for that stupid mistake there @Geoffroy Tassenoy. I didn't notice you in my mirror, ruined my race with that. I'm glad you were at least able to finish third :).

See you next time guys!

Thanks for the race :thumbsup:.

What settings were for dynamic track? :) It started at 95% grip but there is only 96% in the end of the race and became 97% after all cars finished.
DTM_Nurb_20.png

P.S. I started on Medium (32 L) and made 1 pit-stop - Medium (32 L) after lap 10, those tires became very slippery at 8th lap :cry:.

@Akis Kevrekidis
I have the CSP V1 (bought 2nd hand with GT3 RS) for quite long now :)
Shifter is at a quite different but more natural position now. Still the co-ordination was strange and felt wrong in the beginning :O_o:
...but will have a lot of fun with this shifter for sure :geek:

Thanks for the race :thumbsup:.

What settings were for dynamic track? :) It started at 95% grip but there is only 96% in the end of the race and became 97% after all cars finished.
That was because I've set the session transfer to 0% by mistake, so we started the race from 95% instead of the calculated 97%.

@Benni Strunk I wasn't in your mirror, cause I was already next to you wondering how to survive to the Michael Schumarer S, but you solved the problem :p. I wouldn't thanks you for the hit. But,actually, it gave me a good race to drive.Obviously, I did only got esthetical damages. So don't blame yourself too much for this (just enough to not do it again... with me at least:D).
Good quali btw.
From 3rd to 10th to 3rd. Not too bad after all.

@Stefan Schmitz, my hard tires had the pace to get to the 2nd, but not the driver anymore.:sleep:
Good fight at the end, you made me make mistakes, so good driving. Let's spread the bubbles on the podium.

@Akis Kevrekidis, thx for the all, and nice to post the results.

See you next, Drivers.

@Rob Sharp @Akis Kevrekidis that bug has happened to me twice in RD races. I posted the info over on the AC forums and they are looking into it. In the last race I had a net hiccup during the race and it was like the server kinda forgot I was there (datawise). Its like the server thinks a client has disconnected even though you are still there. They need to get it fixed quick :p

Just one question please:
I know we should not discuss lap times in club but i recognized that the fast guys in our club races, so the guys in front of starting grid come quite close to RSR world records! But for this combo wr is 2.07.xx and Benni was i think at 2.10.xx as quali winner...how come?

Just one question please:
I know we should not discuss lap times in club but i recognized that the fast guys in our club races, so the guys in front of starting grid come quite close to RSR world records! But for this combo wr is 2.07.xx and Benni was i think at 2.10.xx as quali winner...how come?
There is an easy explanation for this. We had 95-97 % track grip throughout the whole event, hence the 2:11 in quali. The world records in RSR were made in 100% track grip.

As a side note: The reason we use variable track grip in the events is that it makes the whole experience more authentic and realistic. It makes the track "alive", as it is in the real world.

@Akis Kevrekidis :
Which makes me wonder - why are we not using the tire blanket function? It is desperatly unrealistic having to start a race on 26°C cold tires. Using pre heated tires could aid in preventing the usual first corner crashes - and it would be much more realistic.
Depends on the type of event, I don't think tire warmers are used in sports car events as the tires come up to temp quicker than formula cars.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.8%