1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW M3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Bob Miley, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Just wondering if anybody here used to play this free game from Blimey?

Although pretty basic with setups it was still an excellent game for a freebie. Sadly it went down when 10Tacle went under but a few of us still play online using hamachi.

It was my first experience of online racing and on the whole was a good experience, it didn`t take long to set up a group of good fast drivers who would meet regularly.
  2. I used to play this, but never online.
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

You can still download it from gamershell. Not sure if the servers are still supporting it for online play tho
  4. link removed since the developer never said the game could be converted to Evo
  5. Help Needed Badly!!!

hello frns,

I need the tracks for BMW M3 Challenge for PC.
    Please if anybody have it,post the links for those.

And also need cars,anything concerned to that game.

Thanking you in advance.
  6. Don't get it completely:
    Tracks: Nurburgring GP (+ Short) are available on the web for multiple sims
    Cars: serious?

There's a GTR EVO add-on (updated versions) available also (here at RD or elsewhere)

More specific questions: post them below :)

- Post belongs in the GTR EVO Mod topic I guess -
  7. Bram

If you want to have the Nurburgring you need to buy the GTR Evolution expansion for RACE 07.
  8. I didn`t realise people would still be playing this since the lobby was taken down when 10Tacle went under. There used to be a forum site that had over 140 tracks for this game, but can`t remember the address, it was something to do with Ronnie82 I think, try google.

Also, let me know if the lobby is back up for online play as I used to have some great races with a few friends a while ago.
  9. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Track for BMW M3 challenge

Link removed: please don't include links to illegal files
  10. I'm surprised how good this is....it is a bit lift off oversteer crazy, but with careful driving u tend to get used to it.
    Works a treat with my G27.
    Funny/sad to see Ian Bells name in the driver line up.
  11. Bram

Blimey!Games made the game so its not strange at all as he was the CEO of the company.

Excellent free game it was.
  12. I have to bump this thread. I find this game to have excellent physics! Is there any other sim that has physics/tire model like this? Is there any way to edit setups?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bram

Think the M3 challenge has the same engine as rFactor so similar games would be rfactor 1 & 2, Game Stock Car, GTR 2, GT Legends, RACE 07 etc.
  14. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

There is also a Volvo challenge that i found was real good ..
  15. I think so too, but the tire model seems alot more realistic on M3 challenge I think?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

I think it used a different tyre. like a street tyre or track day tyre, it could of had a different feel i cant remember :)
  17. I played this game a long time... It is very interesting for a free game, the physics and gameplay are good. No doubt it is a fun game.
  18. Yep, you get street and track tyres/suspension ingame.
  19. M3 Challenge was good but the best free game ever is Real Time Racing!