Blackcelica's 2020 Assetto Corsa Realistic Looking PPFilter

Misc Blackcelica's 2020 Assetto Corsa Realistic Looking PPFilter 1.5 Next Gen

Login or Register an account to download this content
Okay, it's solved. Do you turn extra fx on for your ppf? Do you use motion blur? Cause if I deactivate reshade and use normal ppfs including yours and extra fx (with or without motion blur), it looks blury and unsharp like this: (I hope you can see it)
Any idea, what this is about?
I have 1920x1080 resolution, so thats not it. The textures just look terrible. When I turn extra fx off, it looks like normal AC vanilla.
Would you be so nice and give me a screenshot of your ac and csp settings?
I know, that it is more difficult, bc I have a different monitor and so on.
The only other things I've changed are in the SOL weather APP
Page 0 blacklevel compensation 30 (depends on your monitor) colourwhitebalance -2
Page 1 ppfilter modify all on
Page 5 sky blue preset 10, sky smog % 150
Page 6 cloud render 1 (3D)

still tinkering with it after the SOL1.5 myself.

Last edited:
After a bit of a tweak I'm loving the look of the 3D clouds.
Screenshot_ultima_gtr_720_ks_laguna_seca_15-3-120-10-58-59.jpg

Currently I only use your pp filter since it gives the most realistic look. Some telling it looks outwashed but personally I like it. Which saturation do you have in AC? At 100%? I assume the exposure is at 100%, too?

Currently I only use your pp filter since it gives the most realistic look. Some telling it looks outwashed but personally I like it. Which saturation do you have in AC? At 100%? I assume the exposure is at 100%, too?
I believe saturation in the filters colour settings is 0.98 and exposure in the SOL APP is set 100%. I have a feeling that the original AC settings for saturation is set at 85%. These are easily altered for people that may want a bit more vibrancy but that for me takes away the realism factor. Not all colours in real life appear super bold and shiny like new, I've tried to get a good balance. Saturation targets everything so making your car appear more vibrant you also make other objects more vibrant, but not everything is made out of shiny metal. I don't like the over-coloured LEGO look of some filters. Trees, grass, mud, track, people, stands etc should have a more matte look.
On another note, everyone's eyes and monitors are different so results will differ.

Just out of interest, if anyone thinks the realistic look is too washed out, then all it needs is a slight correction within SOL config page 1 of the ppfilter contrast% I've personally settled on 103%
Everybody's tastes and monitors may differ but there are plenty of options to tweak to your personal taste.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_boxster_s_ks_silverstone_18-3-120-22-44-42.jpg

Just wanted to chime in and say your filter with some little tweaks works wonderful in VR.

I deactivated auto exposure, increased brightness in soll config app, white balance -2 and contrast 104%.
Looks stunning, thanks again for this filter.

With SOL 1.6 and CM 0.157 I have the problem that no image appears in VR. Everything is dark. Everything works on the monitor.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Try switching off auto exposure

Last edited:
With SOL 1.6 and CM 0.157 I have the problem that no image appears in VR. Everything is dark. Everything works on the monitor.
Sorry I dont have VR so no idea why it doesnt work. Sebsto above uses VR and he turned off the auto exposure. Maybe strike up a convo with him, it might just be something simple in the filters .ini file or a setting in shader patch.

This is still my favorite filter so far :thumbsup:

I have better visual results using the following edit, at least with my calibrated 4K:

[TONEMAPPING]
FUNCTION=2

The original had some odd results when testing under different time/weather conditions, leading to some testing to resolve the undesired effect (bloom, glow, over-bright clouds, etc.) to find the above adjustment, which many popular filters use, did the trick.

Have been selfish about my findings for sometime now but figured worth a share.

This is still my favorite filter so far :thumbsup:

I have better visual results using the following edit, at least with my calibrated 4K:

[TONEMAPPING]
FUNCTION=2

The original had some odd results when testing under different time/weather conditions, leading to some testing to resolve the undesired effect (bloom, glow, over-bright clouds, etc.) to find the above adjustment, which many popular filters use, did the trick.

Have been selfish about my findings for sometime now but figured worth a share.
Good to know someone else apart from me still uses it. I'll have a look at that setting. It's so easy to get lost in all the filters out there. One thing I've tried to maintain over the filters is a realistic look, strictly no reshade extras and most importantly not overdoing the fx which cost performance fps.

Good to know someone else apart from me still uses it. I'll have a look at that setting. It's so easy to get lost in all the filters out there. One thing I've tried to maintain over the filters is a realistic look, strictly no reshade extras and most importantly not overdoing the fx which cost performance fps.
Realism is my goal as well.
Combined with my display, I use the following

CM
85% saturation
Sol Config
0 blacklevel comp
103 ppfilter contrast
checked Sol modify ppfilters
AE use self calibration with 100% ae damping (prevent flicker)
sky blue preset 10
115% smog
3D clouds

At least that is before Sol 1.6

This is a few months old.
Ignore the twitchy replay AI, intended to capture my own footage but liked the sound of that porsche when browsing AI in the session.
Of course end results are down to each user's display settings.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 156 66.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 105 44.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 111 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 65 27.5%
Back