Bill's Process Manager

Hey, have a few CTD issues with AMS which I think I've resolved by doing a clean install deleting everything dynahud and logitech in the plugin folders then starting the sim to the UI and then crucially - leave the sim before actually racing the sim and then go back and delete the d3d9.ll file in the core folder. Now no more CTDs. However, I sorta sense the game is running on the edge (tiny stutters when AI is around) when I have any amounts of AI on even though Task Manager shows my PC is barely raising a pulse.

Done all the settings and all the fixes on the planet and re-installed zillions of times leads me to think AMS doesn't like playing ball with my I6700K and RTX 2070 Super.

Due to my limited knowledge on this my question is - does anyone use programs like Bill's Process Manager to sorta sort things out a bit seeing AMS1 is a 32 bit program?

An answer to my own question - it works for me but not the way as intended. Basically, it doesn't give you more FPS but allows you to set the processer to high priority and by opening more cores to it seems to lessen FPS drops - it stabilizes AMS1. Still have single core limitations but works better set to more cores - dunno how but it works for me.

Edit - sorted the above stutters without Bill's Process Manager however Bill's thing just makes it run better when AI are all bunched up with me on a turn. If anyone needs help with AMS1 to get it running smooth on screen or VR I'll try to help if I can - spent 30+hrs on it so I'm an old hand now. :D

Last edited:
An answer to my own question - it works for me but not the way as intended. Basically, it doesn't give you more FPS but allows you to set the processer to high priority and by opening more cores to it seems to lessen FPS drops - it stabilizes AMS1. Still have single core limitations but works better set to more cores - dunno how but it works for me.

Edit - sorted the above stutters without Bill's Process Manager however Bill's thing just makes it run better when AI are all bunched up with me on a turn. If anyone needs help with AMS1 to get it running smooth on screen or VR I'll try to help if I can - spent 30+hrs on it so I'm an old hand now. :D
Hi i use Bill's Process Manager to set high priority and cores for AMS 1 and some other racing sims. In AMS 1 the only slight stutter i get is when the AI go back to the pits. I have Quest 2 and AMS 1 is great in VR.
i5-9600k 3.7ghz nvidia 1080 win 10

Hi i use Bill's Process Manager to set high priority and cores for AMS 1 and some other racing sims. In AMS 1 the only slight stutter i get is when the AI go back to the pits. I have Quest 2 and AMS 1 is great in VR.
i5-9600k 3.7ghz nvidia 1080 win 10
Yeah - I noticed that as well. I'm totally stutterless other than when all the calls go back to the pitlane to retire around the same time after the race and they suddenly teleport into their garages - or it could be they can reverse quicker than a blink of the eye. How many cores do you set AMS to? I set to 2 atm plus each cores hyperthread.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea