Best racing wheel to use without pedals

What's the best racing wheel out there to use without having to use foot pedals ?

i came across this, but anything cheaper ?

Hi, so I bought this kit not long ago.
It also features 4 paddles (two of them analogue).
Pretty happy with it, although you have to do the electronics and buttons,wiring yourself. It's basically the shell you buy.

I also started a thread over here wherei trieda non-legs solution for sim racing which worked a charm.

Thread 'Sim Racing with a physical handycap' https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sim-racing-with-a-physical-handycap.175177/

Stay safe and cheers
Daniel

3drap also has a series with assembled wheel kits (Speedmax Racing) which use the same components.
But there´s the problem, at least when I bought a GT3 kit two years ago the paddle shifters where of inferior quality, badly assembled and with :poop: microswitches.
Of course one cannot expect Ascher quality for that price but they should work out of the box ( I had to lube and reassemble the shifters) and they should last more than two month of racing.

Depending on the sim you should be able to map every analog paddle to gas and brake.
Another, but much more involved possibility would be to fabricate a combined Gas/Brake lever as they are used in mobility conversions.

MFG Carsten

"On paper" it looks good :)

Two analog paddles for gas and brake, the push/pull shifter is also an advantage as you could shift in both directions with the "unoccupied hand".
Though realistically you could have the accelerator on the left analog paddle, gear up on the right shifter, brake on the right and gear down on the left.
Very seldomly I shift down while still on the gas.

As a former Thrustmaster owner I´m not to keen on the shifter and button/encoder feel.
On the other I only noticed that after I experienced higher tier equipment.
And the more tactile stuff is way more expensive :(

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events