Best Content?

After watching this on "The Race", I'm going to give this a go again. I don't think that I have really driven on rFactor 2 since before it was on Steam. I remember downloading cars and tracks separately from a website. While it did some things really well, it was also kind of a mess back then.

I've heard that some of the older content hasn't kept up. What are the best cars and tracks that are included with the base game? Thanks

After watching this on "The Race", I'm going to give this a go again. I don't think that I have really driven on rFactor 2 since before it was on Steam. I remember downloading cars and tracks separately from a website. While it did some things really well, it was also kind of a mess back then.

I've heard that some of the older content hasn't kept up. What are the best cars and tracks that are included with the base game? Thanks
I don't like the basic content - all cars are old and boring, except F1 McLaren. Portutal 2009/Silverstone(WIP rework), Zandvoort and Suzuka are great tracks. Everyone else isn't worth the attention.

DLCs are great, I think you won't be disappointed.

Thanks guys. Now I need to figure out how to get my wheel rotation right.
rF2 automatically sets steering lock per car. If you have issues check:
" In order to use this new system, you have to explicitly turn it on in your Controller.JSON file (which you can find in your UserData\player folder). The line you’re looking for is called “Steering Wheel Software Rotation,” and if you don’t see it yet, please make sure you have updated to build 1112, run the game once and exit it again. The line defaults to “false,” and you should change that to “true”. The next step is to go into your wheel driver and the rotation to the maximum value it supports, up to the maximum rotation of 1440 degrees that rFactor 2 supports. Then you go back to your Controller.JSON and set the “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default” to the same number of degrees you just configured. If your wheel actually does support us reading the maximum rotation, you can alternatively set “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” to “true” so we will read whatever you set from the driver. We do recommend setting it to the maximum value in the driver, as we can only make the rotation less in software, not more. "

I think setting Steering Wheel Software Rotation="true" also get's rid of an issue when rF2 also sets wheel rotation in driver which is annoying if you frequently use other sims.
Besides Steam Workshop there are tons of tracks and car mods on various sites i.e. internationalsimracing

rF2 automatically sets steering lock per car. If you have issues check:
" In order to use this new system, you have to explicitly turn it on in your Controller.JSON file (which you can find in your UserData\player folder). The line you’re looking for is called “Steering Wheel Software Rotation,” and if you don’t see it yet, please make sure you have updated to build 1112, run the game once and exit it again. The line defaults to “false,” and you should change that to “true”. The next step is to go into your wheel driver and the rotation to the maximum value it supports, up to the maximum rotation of 1440 degrees that rFactor 2 supports. Then you go back to your Controller.JSON and set the “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default” to the same number of degrees you just configured. If your wheel actually does support us reading the maximum rotation, you can alternatively set “Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver” to “true” so we will read whatever you set from the driver. We do recommend setting it to the maximum value in the driver, as we can only make the rotation less in software, not more. "

I think setting Steering Wheel Software Rotation="true" also get's rid of an issue when rF2 also sets wheel rotation in driver which is annoying if you frequently use other sims.
Besides Steam Workshop there are tons of tracks and car mods on various sites i.e. internationalsimracing
Those settings are found only in the Simsteering and OSW_Simucube preset profiles.
The Accuforce shouldn't need them.
Quote S397 "This means that current owners of various OSW and SimSteering wheels can now finally enjoy the correct rotation without having to manually set it outside of rFactor 2. "

Thanks guys. Now I need to figure out how to get my wheel rotation right.
Did you load the SimXperience Accuforce preset profile?

Last edited:
Those settings are found only in the Simsteering and OSW_Simucube preset profiles.
The Accuforce shouldn't need them.
Quote S397 "This means that current owners of various OSW and SimSteering wheels can now finally enjoy the correct rotation without having to manually set it outside of rFactor 2. "

Did you load the SimXperience Accuforce preset profile?

Yes, tried that. I'm trying a reinstall now.

I'll take any car and Jerez circuit.
Pity the multiplayer is such a PITA.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes