Bathurst for GTR2: race start positions are set up randomly ignoring qualifying. Who knows how to fix this?

I tried two Bathurst mods for GTR2: one from esport-racing.de, another from koelschbierbude.de. Both of them have the same strange issue: after I finish the qualifying and continue to race, start positions seem to be set up absolutely randomly, ignoring the preceeding qualifying. It happens regardless of which mode I'm racing in — custom championship or race weekend. No special parameters were changed in track-specific .gdb file. I've never seen this in other track mods, though I tried quite a few of them. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:
If you do not finish the qual session the game randomly assigns AI qualifying (based in part on the "comparative time" setting in the .car files, if present). So if you do not wish to complete the qual session yourself, accelerate time and let the AI finish.

If you do not finish the qual session the game randomly assigns AI qualifying (based in part on the "comparative time" setting in the .car files, if present). So if you do not wish to complete the qual session yourself, accelerate time and let the AI finish.
So if I want the grid to correspond with quali results, I should not use time acceleration during quali?

Time acceleration is fine, just make sure the entire qualifying session is completed. Watch the timer and do not end the session early; in fact it doesn't hurt to let the session run a few minutes long.

Moreover, if you just run 1 only qualifying session and not the 2 sessions, you need to run only the 2nd and not the 1st in this case.
Well I've just tested it on the same Bathurst mod, and I ran only the 1st quali session — but the starting grid corresponded with qualifying results. Though what you say is logical: quali 1 is something like pre-qualification, while quali 2 is the final qualification, so the 2nd one is more urgent. But in my case everything works just with the 1st quali.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 37 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 53 54.6%