Bass Shakers - USB Soundcards

Hi,

So i want to purchase some bass shakers - Preferably some ADX if i can find any anywhere.

I will need 4 for each corner setup.

My rig is portable and therefore I need some USB AMP/Soundcard things.

I know the Nobsounds are used frequently but many say they are underpowered.

I came across the Fosi Audio ZK1002D. 100w x2 so double the nobsounds.

My question is are they the same as the Nobsounds. i.e I can connect 2 bass shakers to each then run them via 2 usbs in a hub?

Doesnt seem to be much info on the Fosi Audio ZK1002D so wonde if anyone has used them?

Cheers

Last edited:
you connect the shakers to a soundcard. It has nothing to do with USB.
4 for each corner, you need excellent isolation all along your rig and placement.
Nope. You connect the shakers to an amp, which is connected to the PC via a sound card. If this is the sound card of the motherboard or connected via USB or PCIe doesn't matter and if it's one device with multiple outputs or several stereos as well, at least not for SimHub. My SimShaker Software for MSFS only works with one sound-output.

Maybe someone can tell me why 100 watt amps can be so tiny. My 4x 200 watt amp (Fame Quad) is 18 kg beast and those kind of amps didn't shrink that much in the meantime to my knowledge and need to feed the shakers with lots of watts like a power supply, that didn't shrink that much either.

From the sound card I just can say, don't buy the CSL 7.1 USB. It did the job for a few months, but now only one stereo is working and the others are dead or outputing wrong channels.

Last edited:
i found some 100w + 100w usb amps/soundcards coming. my rigs portable so i dont want to use my motherboards onboard. plus it would mess with the vr sound output etc.

why 100 watt amps can be so tiny
Power = voltage times current = heat.
Digital amplifiers switch between off and on at ultrasonic frequency,
ideally between 0 voltage and 0 current.
Switching perfectly would dissipate no power and be correspondingly small,
since size and weight are to mostly. conduct and convect heat.
Traditional (Class AB) audio power amplifiers waste about 1/5 - 1/4 of power as heat.
Power amplifier classes

Last edited:
Another explanation could be that small (cheap) amplifiers never measure up to the power claimed on the box.

Sometimes they "output more power" than the powerbrick draws from the outlet ;)

Actually quite ingenious in times of expensive electricity :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea