PC1 Banned for no reason!

To say that the members here are a fair bunch of guys is very nice of you, but you're missing those that clearly aren't. There are posts in this thread that are a clear litany of personal abuse. If you think that's fair then I can't see what more I can do to appeal to staff here.

Did you purposely ignore the fact that every single poster denounced Troll Farrell, or did you just not catch that?** Pointless, over the top abuse is not necessary, and shouldn't be tolerated. Most everyone present agrees on that, and I think the mods probably will too when they wake up.

Edit: On a separate note I have to say those were some of the most bizarre, rambling, caffeinated, hatespite rants I've read recently. They're even worse than Micas'... I think. Both of you should seek help.

**except for David, who defended his right to speak around post 4 out of what... 15? lawl...

I don't speak for Micas and wasn't referring to his posts.

But he speaks for you Ian. He has often stated how you guys laugh at this pathetic community of non moderated haters.

For the record, and I have said it before. I don't hate anything to do with you, your games or your attitude. I reserve my hate for murderers, rapists, con men, dictators, thieves and law breakers. You calling us haters is quite demeaning and utterly astonishing considering we are your customers. I personally have bought all your games in the past using money I earned by hard work. I ask you again, what defamatory posts do you refer to? The ones Micas caused or the ones that just state they don't like your game?

Damn is this thread still going on..
Yeah some people are abit to negative about it. But awell its a public forum and they can do that if its in the line of the TOA. Its more a shame that WMD staff members start to threat with laywers etc (barking dogs never bite) and just trying to scare admins.
And its not helping the already bad image the WMD staff have in the communtity. If i was head of SMS i would be more worried about the behaviour of large investors across the community forums.

Another serious question. Why is the review of Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends from ISR not on Virtualr? It even has its own section on Virtualr and every show or review gets on there. But the negative review about Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends is still not. Again raises the question if Virtualr is as independent as they say.

Damn is this thread still going on..
Yeah some people are abit to negative about it. But awell its a public forum and they can do that if its in the line of the TOA. Its more a shame that WMD staff members start to threat with laywers etc (barking dogs never bite) and just trying to scare admins.
And its not helping the already bad image the WMD staff have in the communtity. If i was head of SMS i would be more worried about the behaviour of large investors across the community forums.

Another serious question. Why is the review of Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends from ISR not on Virtualr? It even has its own section on Virtualr and every show or review gets on there. But the negative review about Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends is still not. Again raises the question if Virtualr is as independent as they say.

No Ian i am not missing the guys that are not fair. In fact if you read my post i said some have gone too far. I agree with you that some have gone way overboard here. I am not a mod here in this forum though so it's not down to me to decide what is correct or not. You can report any post you find abusive and they will be looked at and dealt with by the moderator or member of staff in question for this side of the forum.

And please i don't openly support any defamatory posts. I have my opinion on SMS and pCARS but we have been there before haven't we and i'm enjoying other titles right now to be wasting my time in this forum arguing about this game.

I do however care about RD as i race here alot and have done so for a long time. RD have supported all of your titles and will continue to do so with pCARS. I just think a little more respect should be given by you guys to RD and it's community instead of using a few guys who post in here against RD as a whole.

That's a fair point Lee and I appreciate it. Please understand my issue is not with the community, we are the community! It is not with those who hate pCAR, that's their prerogative and I fully support their right to have it. I even support their right to rip pCARs to shreds and to hate it with a passion. My issue is simply that a litany (and I'm not being hyperbolic using that term) of lies, defamation and libelous statements as well as personal abuse is all over this forum. If it's not being moderated despite being pointed out then I can only assume it's being supported.

Did you purposely ignore the fact that every single poster denounced Troll Farrell, or did you just not catch that?** Pointless, over the top abuse is not necessary, and shouldn't be tolerated. Most everyone present agrees on that, and I think the mods probably will too when they wake up.

Edit: On a separate note I have to say those were some of the most bizarre, rambling, caffeinated, hatespite rants I've read recently. They're even worse than Micas'... I think. Both of you should seek help.

**except for David, who defended his right to speak around post 4 out of what... 15? lawl...

Why would I purposely ignore that? I appreciated it. Why do so many posts have to start with an aggressive posture?

What I DID miss was the moderation of those posts. I think that's a fair expectation.

''Another serious question. Why is the review of Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends from ISR not on Virtualr? It even has its own section on Virtualr and every show or review gets on there. But the negative review about Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends is still not. Again raises the question if Virtualr is as independent as they say.''

That's the advantage if you infiltrade in importent sim forums and blogs.

Why do so many posts have to start with an aggressive posture?

What I DID miss was the moderation of those posts. I think that's a fair expectation.

Because you yourself come across as negative and aggressive.

And it is a fair expectation. I await the result of that, but I don't think what he wrote was defensible by any reasonable standard. Don't get me wrong, he made a few good points scattered here and there, but the other 96% was batshit crazy and totally unnecessary.

edit: and rude. Let's not forget rude. :laugh:

My issue is simply that a litany (and I'm not being hyperbolic using that term) of lies, defamation and libelous statements as well as personal abuse is all over this forum. If it's not being moderated despite being pointed out then I can only assume it's being supported.

Once again, point out the lies, defamation and libelous statements and I am sure, if they are proven to be all that, that the mods will moderate them. The admin here and the mods are not supporting anyone, they are just allowing freedom of expression to a degree. And I suppose threats don't exactly adhere themselves to you either? Just a thought.

Why didn't you reign in your big private investor (Pimp Hand Micas as he self proclaimed) when he was hurling abuse, defamation and insults? Is it ok for him to do it because he gives you big money? Standards have to go both ways, as does respect.

regards
Andy

But he speaks for you Ian. He has often stated how you guys laugh at this pathetic community of non moderated haters.

For the record, and I have said it before. I don't hate anything to do with you, your games or your attitude. I reserve my hate for murderers, rapists, con men, dictators, thieves and law breakers. You calling us haters is quite demeaning and utterly astonishing considering we are your customers. I personally have bought all your games in the past using money I earned by hard work. I ask you again, what defamatory posts do you refer to? The ones Micas caused or the ones that just state they don't like your game?

I know Micas quite well from our private senior manager section of our forum. He's a passionate supporter of pCARS and a really decent guy in his general behaviour there. I won't speak for him but my opinion is he gets frustrated (as I have) reading a constant stream of lies about WMD/SMS/Everything we do mainly posted on here.

I agree his tone can get out of hand at times and he acknowledges that himself. I'm not his daddy though and I don't tell him what to do. He speaks for SMS in his personal capacity as a very large investor in the project, one of around 7 now. There are some (maybe one) that have invested more than him though.

Honestly, if you knew more about him, his lifestyle and personality you wouldn't see him in such a bad light.

I do think there might be a tendency among some members here to be blinkered as to the sheer extent of the hate and abuse that is allowed to stay posted here against us. I think that's perfectly natural tendency but I do think it exists.

Once again, point out the lies, defamation and libelous statements and I am sure, if they are proven to be all that, that the mods will moderate them. The admin here and the mods are not supporting anyone, they are just allowing freedom of expression to a degree. And I suppose threats don't exactly adhere themselves to you either? Just a thought.

Why didn't you reign in your big private investor (Pimp Hand Micas as he self proclaimed) when he was hurling abuse, defamation and insults? Is it ok for him to do it because he gives you big money? Standards have to go both ways, as does respect.

regards
Andy

I've pointed out the title already multiple times. I'm not going to pre-empt any legal moves with details beyond that.

We've kindly asked for moderation and it's been ignored.

Ian, I think the frustration goes both ways to be honest. You at what you see here and used to see at No Grip and VR, and ours with the way members/customers have been treated and disrespected.

The title of a thread is hardly important. He says he was banned for no reason. That is no reason as far as he is concerned. He might be telling the truth, you might be telling the truth. Hardly grounds to sue a community of Race Sim lovers and enthusiasts. The publicity from this will bite you back in my opinion.

Ian, I think the frustration goes both ways to be honest. You at what you see here and used to see at No Grip and VR, and ours with the way members/customers have been treated and disrespected.

Of course it does. But there's a difference between lashing out with personal insults through frustration, and defaming a company. Both should be moderated and only the former seems to be, occasionally.

Of course it does. But there's a difference between lashing out with personal insults through frustration, and defaming a company. Both should be moderated and only the former seems to be, occasionally.

Ian, do you really think having a thread title "banned for no reason" is defaming a company? Seriously? It was his personal opinion. Like others have said, perhaps it should have been called "Banned for no good reason".
regards
Andy

Ian, do you really think having a thread title "banned for no reason" is defaming a company? Seriously? It was his personal opinion. Like others have said, perhaps it should have been called "Banned for no good reason".
regards
Andy
Somebody new could read it and be under the impression that you can get banned for minding your own business, so i see where he's coming from. Dont know if its worth the time and expense of a lawsuit tho.

I've pointed out the title already multiple times. I'm not going to pre-empt any legal moves with details beyond that.

We've kindly asked for moderation and it's been ignored.

First of all you haven't asked us anything apart from some posts here in the forum in a very late stage and to be really honest whatever you have said here was far from kindly.

We have told you and others 30 times (!) now to report all libelous statements so we can take a look at it and when you report it, please also submit some 100% proof that these statements are false.

So far you keep refusing to report anything or submit proof these statements made by our members are false hence nothing is being moderated as we cannot check if something is false or not. So far I only see opinions unless you provide us the facts that can be checked.

Btw: don't forget to sue Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, iRacing.com and ISR.tv as I saw some very negative posts there as well.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 192 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 29 13.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 13.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 61 28.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 74 33.9%