1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Bahrain Q1 setup (proper thread)

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Mikko Puumalainen, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Here's another setup, 1:30.018 in Q1 trim with splits for a 29.7.

Not a lot of changes to the Melbourne one: wings, gears, differential settings, 100 front arb and 70 rear spring.

The biggest improvement came from throttlebraking in to the hairpins, I gained at least 1 tenth per hairpin by doing so (which sucks for any of us non-throttlebrakers out there).

Unfortunately I forgot to put Motec on today so I've added a motec file from yesterday, from a 1:30.191.

http://l8.fi/~mipuumal/FSR/MP-009L-1_30_018.rar

• Like Like x 7
  2. Thanks Mikko :)

One day you could do some good tutorials for newbies or begginers :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tutorials may be good for non-beginners too :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Specially from an exprienced driver as Mikko :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. If for tutorials you mean setup guides, there are plenty of F1 setup guides around the Internet.

6. Its different, cause I suppose that experienced drivers follows a procedure or something,..

7. The Race2play application is quite good for working through a system for setups, I can't remember exactly where I got it from but I'm pretty sure it was through a link posted on these forums.

And thanks again Mikko, especially on the telemetry front, its been very helpful in identifying the area's I need to work on most :)

8. Thanks for the replies.

Since some people asked me about this, here's my Controller.ini. It's mostly default I think, 450 wheel degrees, speed sensitivity 0 and I think most importantly: Steer Ratio Speed="0.00000" // Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters/sec, 0.0 to disable)

"Steer Ratio Speed" is basicly a reverse "Speed Sensitivity", in my opinion it ruins the feel of any car, some people disagree though so don't take it as something that will definitely work for you.

´http://l8.fi/~mipuumal/FSR/Controller.ini

9. Didnt knew that aspect. Gonna try it. Thanks Mikko :)