1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Habits: Braking & Cornering

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Mike Coleman, Jun 21, 2009.

1. So I'm doing my out lap and I'm following a car around the track. I can't pass him so I'm right up behind him and I notice something shocking....

For the past year or more, I've been turning too LATE on corners! :shock: I haven't been hitting the apex correctly - even though I thought I was.

I already knew I needed to re-learn my braking points ( I brake too early), but I had no idea I wasn't cornering correctly!

This is a track that I know very very well. I get "good" lap times on it. I thought the only thing keeping me from faster lap times was my braking.

What a huge difference it makes when you hit corners correctly. Now it's like I have to re-learn all the tracks :doh2:

Bad habits: sometimes you don't even know you have them.
  2. Now you mention it, I've been missing the apexes a lot lately! Thanks for the post!
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

My bad habit is downshifting too early. End result is that I don't use enough brake! Bad, bad, I think I got it driving all those F! sim's.
  4. Crucial stuff that. If braking point is calculated with maximum enginebrake in mind and one fails that, it's skidding around the grass or tossing sand around or hello mr barrier...

I've done that one before.