• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awsome co-driver experience.

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by padre054, Sep 18, 2015.

1. padre054

padre054

Ratings:
    +4
    I had a pretty booring day, and I wanted to intensify my Dirt experience.
    I use a 5.1 sound setup for my computer, and instead of using the regular front center speaker, I replaced it with a headphone. I simply soldered my left headphone speaker to the amplifiers center output.
    I did then cut my headphones right above the right speaker (earmuff), so that my right ear is free to hear all the lovely game sounds.

The result: ONLY the co-driver is in my left ear, and all the other sounds fills up the room.
    I think that this really contributes to a more realistic experience for sure!

I hope that you can forgive my bad english. I´m from Sweden.
    /Christoffer

• Like Like x 3
  2. padre054

padre054

Ratings:
    +4
    After the 0.8 update this "feature" can´t be used in any of the Finland stages, because the co-driver and the notes are given thru the left and right front speakers instead of the front center...

3. Palo Samo

Palo Samo

Ratings:
    +31
    Still, well done you!

4. TemplarGFX

TemplarGFX

Ratings:
    +147
    That sounds awesome. (Pun totally intended)

5. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard

Ratings:
    +4
    I did this too, simply plugging headphones into the centre speaker output from the motherboard and sure enough the co-driver was played through the headphones and the rest of the sounds through the speakers.