Awesome ETS 2 Italia DLC Preview Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS 2 Italia DLC 4.jpg

Big riggin' in Italy has never been so beautiful. Check out the latest European Truck Sim 2 DLC trailer from the upcoming Italia DLC map expansion...

We haven't really said much about European Truck Simulator 2 here at RaceDepartment in recent months, but that doesn't mean the developers have been keeping a low profile, far from it in fact as the Czech studio have been hard at work developing both ETS 2 and the more recent American Truck Simulator as well as producing this frankly stunning looking new DLC map expansion.

Now we know SCS Software are keen on realism and it looks like they have once again exceeded even their own rather high standards with this upcoming new DLC pack. Whilst the DLC will bring some substantial new parts of Italy to the game, those not willing to purchase additional content will still be getting something new, as the development team have also produced what they consider to be a "total rework" of the current Italian cities in the game, visually improving the environment beyond recognition and adding many miles of new road network - for free! Milano has been "completely reworked" and the Northern part of the country improved.. this is before the new DLC has even been considered.. impressive stuff.

So what will the new map expansion look like I hear you say? Well I invite you to check out the latest trailer below and numerous preview images;

ETS 2 Italia DLC 5.jpg ETS 2 Italia DLC 6.jpg ETS 2 Italia DLC 7.jpg ETS 2 Italia DLC 8.jpg ETS 2 Italia DLC 9.jpg ETS 2 Italia DLC 10.jpg

European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim are both available exclusive to PC on the Steam network now.

ETS 2 Italia DLC 1.jpg
ETS 2 Italia DLC 2.jpg
ETS 2 Italia DLC 3.jpg

If long and short distance hauling of varied cargo is your cup of tea, or if you are curious as to what the fuss is all about, then why not have a poke around in our ETS 2 and ATS sub forums to see if anything strikes your fancy? Oh and we host mods too...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Are you considering purchasing the upcoming DLC for ETS 2? What do you think of the game? Impressed with the new trailer? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The generic roads and the simplicity of the structure is one of the reason I stopped playing it few years back. Driving through cities, the only thing different was the occasional landmark in the background. I wouldn´t call it repetitive as such, but again very generic. Looking at it after all this time, seems like they progressed in that regard and improved what map mods did even some years ago already.

M D Gourley

Premium
Are you considering purchasing the upcoming DLC for ETS 2? What do you think of the game? Impressed with the new trailer?
Yes, this DLC looks very impressive and a purchase is imminent...as I have had ETS2 on my PC for quite a few years now, and although I do not fire it up as much as the Racing Sims it is a spectacularly fun and frustrating Sim when I do...particularly like that you can map everything in the cockpit for driving...even cruise control.
The Trailer looks beautiful and I like the artist style of the game....a Sim I will always have installed on my PC for that something slower to drive...just make sure you do not full asleep at your Thrustmaster wheel on those long hauls...LOL...and Yes, I did once...LOL

I guess this will be a big improvement over the Viva la France DLC which already is that much better than the standard map (quite boring), Going East and Scandinavian DLC’s (already a bit better) imho. So a definitely must have for me. And I already like the current Italian cities. Looking forward to it!

And on a more critical note, it would be nice if they upgrade the standards of the basic map and Going East DLC to current standards. And it would be nice to go to other towns like in Viva la France DLC. And as a wish: non-industrial destinations and bigger cities, not only industrial parts.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%
  • €3001-5000