• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Aviva's Reasonably priced car!

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by 2o6, Mar 4, 2010.

1. 2o6

2o6

Ratings:
    +72
    Just a compact sedan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    How did you do that so quickly? XD Looks quite nice but the windows are a bit too tall, if you know what I mean. And btw, does anyone care to help a modelling noob?

3. 2o6

2o6

Ratings:
    +72
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. AMGfan(BPM)

AMGfan(BPM)

Ratings:
    +30
    wow, agressive model! good good! thought rear bumper so out and big.. keep this!

5. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
  6. 2o6

2o6

Ratings:
    +72
    HA! It does......

7. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    See, I'm not all that nuts.

8. Bumper

Bumper

Ratings:
    +16
    Looks pretty aggressive indeed. Nice start, I like the huge front overhang/short-ish rear proportions.

9. 2o6

2o6

Ratings:
    +72
    It no longer looks like a Civic/SX4 clone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

10. 2o6

2o6

Ratings:
    +72
    You guys have any real complaints? I tried using the MK4 Jetta as well as the Lancer for inspiration.

Not too pleased with the rear. I think the shape is too wide and blocky.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Raphael Buthmann

Raphael Buthmann

Ratings:
    +273
    Good man =D This car is looking a little better than others aviva's concepts. Keep going xD

12. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    I like the rear, but the front looks too low in my opinion.

13. Miura

Miura

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, the ground clearance looks much too low for this kind of car. Doesn't it bottom out on every bump? Or did you cheat with the collision box? :) Make a custom collision model when the shape is final. It's easy to do.

14. 2o6

2o6

Ratings:
    +72
    Don't worry, I didn't calibrate anything for the car's driving dynamics. I used a stretched version of the Aviva Cil's .ini, and I didn't put much effort into ride height.

It'll change.

15. 2o6

2o6

Ratings:
    +72
    I never actually stopped working on this model, I just sort of put it in the background while I focused on getting the Cil done, and now the Allegro is in the home stretch.

This is sort of an American Dacia Logan, a Compact-Subcompact (smaller than the C-segment Allegro, but larger than the B-segment Cil and Cil Sedan) powered by a two small four-cylinder engines (one petrol, one diesel) mated to a 5-speed manual or 3-speed automatic. I think it's probably the best modeled out of all my concepts, but honestly, it's also the most boring to look at.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]