1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Aviva's Reasonably priced car!

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by 2o6, Mar 4, 2010.

1. 2o6

2o6

Just a compact sedan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

How did you do that so quickly? XD Looks quite nice but the windows are a bit too tall, if you know what I mean. And btw, does anyone care to help a modelling noob?

3. 2o6

2o6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. wow, agressive model! good good! thought rear bumper so out and big.. keep this!

5. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

6. 2o6

2o6

HA! It does......

7. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

See, I'm not all that nuts.

8. Looks pretty aggressive indeed. Nice start, I like the huge front overhang/short-ish rear proportions.

9. 2o6

2o6

It no longer looks like a Civic/SX4 clone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

10. 2o6

2o6

You guys have any real complaints? I tried using the MK4 Jetta as well as the Lancer for inspiration.

Not too pleased with the rear. I think the shape is too wide and blocky.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Good man =D This car is looking a little better than others aviva's concepts. Keep going xD

12. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

I like the rear, but the front looks too low in my opinion.

13. I agree, the ground clearance looks much too low for this kind of car. Doesn't it bottom out on every bump? Or did you cheat with the collision box? :) Make a custom collision model when the shape is final. It's easy to do.

14. 2o6

2o6

Don't worry, I didn't calibrate anything for the car's driving dynamics. I used a stretched version of the Aviva Cil's .ini, and I didn't put much effort into ride height.

It'll change.

15. 2o6

2o6

I never actually stopped working on this model, I just sort of put it in the background while I focused on getting the Cil done, and now the Allegro is in the home stretch.

This is sort of an American Dacia Logan, a Compact-Subcompact (smaller than the C-segment Allegro, but larger than the B-segment Cil and Cil Sedan) powered by a two small four-cylinder engines (one petrol, one diesel) mated to a 5-speed manual or 3-speed automatic. I think it's probably the best modeled out of all my concepts, but honestly, it's also the most boring to look at.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]