Automobilista V1.3.0 & Adelaide Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios deploy build update 1.3.0 and the ARC Camaro Series to the Automobilista racing simulation, plus Adelaide DLC Released.

Reiza Studios have released a considerable update to Automobilista that adds a number of new features to the simulation, several improvements to the sounds of the title and a wide range of fixes and enhancements to a game that continues to go from strength to strength.

Additional to the new update Reiza have also included the some brand new content to the game, namely the ARC Camaro as a free vehicle and the second of their 'Classic Tracks' DLC in the form of the great Australian street circuit Adelaide, in both it's 1988, modern and SuperTruck layouts.

Build 1.3.0 Build Update Features & Fixes
  • Added option to customize number of AI opponents per class in race weekend
  • Implemented audio reverb (static for now) & added option to customize reverb level from audio menu
  • Added new sound effect filters & altered doppler effect
  • Expanded audio options & reprofiled volume sliders
  • Added diesel exhaust smoke emission to Formula Trucks
  • Added F-Truck mid-race full course yellow option to RULES menu (may be used for other series as well) *
  • Race menu tweaks & other minor UI adjustments
  • DynHUD: Fixed Delta widget functionality occasionally not resetting when switching to another track in TT mode
  • Added function for track state deterioration while track is not used from one day to another and from one session to another (may vary from track to track)
  • Fixed bug with DRS counter causing DRS to be available before lap 3; Fixed DRS being available during and after safety car period; DRS can now also be deactivated by pressing DRS button
  • Added (AI) label to AI cars in multiplayer
  • Cars now default to ideal tire pressure & temperature, warmed up brakes at the start of Time Trial mode
  • updated engine wear / reliability values in various cars
  • Adjusted yellow flag / parc ferme / start procedure rules for several series
  • Raised AI speed behind safety car
  • Fixed bug with track state not resetting correctly when race or weekend is restarted
  • Added new engine wear / blow-up functions **
  • Adjusted marbles spacing offline to reduce FFB rattling
  • Added dynamic road shader for road surface dust (currently implemented at Adelaide, Oulton, Caldwell, Brands, Jacarepagua Historic and Montreal Historic, VIR, Kansai, Imola)
  • Interlagos: Eased off cut detection at T11 exit and inside S/F straight
  • Added low downforce aero packages to F-Classic, F-V12, F-V10, F-Reiza & F-Extreme
  • Slightly increased downshift protection in cars with semi-automatic boxes
  • Adjusted AI brake power / grip usage for all cars
  • Removed incorrectly enabled launch control from engines in several series
  • Fixed overdone dynamic tire wear texture
  • Supertruck: Raised camber and suspension damping for default setup; Adjusted tire textures
  • Boxer Cup: Completely revised physics with addition of helper springs
  • SuperV8: fixed uv mapping issue on carbody
  • F-Trainer: Minor tire model adjustments
  • F-Vintage: Minor tire model adjustments; Adjusted tire LOD settings
  • F-Retro: Minor tire model adjustments; Fixed black polys on one of the LODs of the Copersucar model
  • F-Classic: Minor tire model adjustments; Fixed textures error on low player and opponent settings
  • F-V12: Minor tire model adjustments; Softened front suspension range & default settings
  • F-V10: Minor tire model adjustments; Fixed black polys on one of the LODs; Fine tuned external sound samples overlap
  • Superkart: Minor tire model adjustments; Reduced aero yaw sensitivity
  • SuperV8: Minor tire model adjustments; reduced default roll bar setting a click on both ends
  • Karts: Further AI performance tuning

* The mid-race full course yellow is a rule from F-Truck - it triggers a 2-lap safety car period after the leader completes half race distance (provided the total distance is equal or more than 10 laps / 15 minutes).

** The new engine reliability functions will demand extra care during gear shifts, specially for older engines. Upshifting without lifting in cars without powershift and bouncing off the rev limiter will accelerate engine wear and may eventually lead to failures if practiced over a longer race distance; a very aggressive downshift may lead to an instant blow-up.

If you have an online race tonight, you may stick to or revert to the previous v1.2.1 by selecting that branch from the Steam Beta tab. Further instructions as to how to do that here.

If you have a bug to report please use the new bug report thread (make sure to check the opening post first).

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

For further difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game, please refer to USER MANUAL present as a launch option from Steam If you need further assistance please post it in V1.0 troubleshooting topic or email support@reizastudios.com (please allow for up to 1 business day for a reply).

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Reiza Studios. DLC can be purchased for the game at an additional cost. The DLC Season Pass price has risen to US$ 39.99 or your respective currency conversion. Individual DLC packages remain priced the same way, including Adelaide which now sells for the standard US$ 5.99. For a limited amount of time you may still purchase the Membership upgrade which includes the Season Pass with the old pricing of US$ 29.99 from the forum store, and that will also grant you Reiza 51 access.

AMS Adelaide.jpg
AMS Adelaide 2.jpg
AMS Adelaide 3.jpg

Here at RaceDepartment we have our very own dedicated sub forum for Automobilista. In our sub forum you will find a wide selection of downloadable content to discover, from some of the best add on tracks to a selection of interesting vehicles, our downloads section is a positive treasure trove of additional content for AMS. If that isn't enough, we also pride ourselves on hosting some of the most exciting and intense multiplayer racing events for the game. If you like AMS and want to take your enjoyment to the next level, head over to the Racing Club and Leagues section of our Automobilista sub forum and find out what we have on offer. Of course we love our community here at RD and to help spread the love we cover all the latest news regarding the sim, and offer you a place to share your opinions and discussion topics regarding all Reiza titles. Head on over to the AMS sub forum and join in the discussion today!

Have you tried the new AMS update? What do you think of the Camaro and Adelaide? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Too many devices plugged in? I have to turn some peripherals off when I play this game so my basics work!... Including my HE shifter..
Fanatec V2 base and SQ V1.5 shifter, HE Pro pedals, DSD button box and hopefully some time the HE SQ shifter. It does work, but then all buttons on my wheel are disabled and the cockpit view is pointed upwards to the right. No way I can change it. All others cams work normal. If I unplug the HE shifter, my assigned controls are all messed up. I asked on the Reiza forum, but no answer there, so I mailed Niels and I hope he is going to be able to help... Shifter works fine in all other sims though...
I tried unplugging the Fanatec shifter, using JoyToKey, all without result. :(

What Reiza have been able to achieve with the old ISImotor engine is nothing short of miraculous. If gMotor in particular was a horse it would have been dragged out the back and shot years ago. Adelaide represents all that's good about Reiza's approach given the limitations that they have to overcome - it looks and feels fantastic, and the new reverb really helps with the sense of immersion.

Renato has stated that a bunch of widely acknowledged and much needed AI improvements are going to make it into the next update. If they can just fix the inhuman AI stability, get them to respect blue flags, and stop them racing you once a race is over (all things handled with aplomb by rF2 so we know it's possible), then AMS will absolutely be my sim of choice.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000