Automobilista Updated and Puma Cars Added

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS December Update PUMA .jpg

Automobilista has been updated - now includes four new Puma cars!

Automobilista has received a new update today (that's something I never thought I'd write again), and the wait should hopefully be well worth it - a couple of new fixes and four brand new, and highly entertaining cars from the Brazilian Puma brand.

AMS V1.5.15:
  • Added Puma Series with Lumimari, P052 models;
  • Added Puma GTB, GTE models to TC Classics series
  • Goiania: Fixed VX ID error in External layout
  • TC Classics: Adjusted engine inertia
  • F-Classic: Adjusted AI fuel consumption & threshold for tire pitstops

GENERAL NOTES:

Logitech G29 / G920 users: Support for auto rotation is on a dedicated Beta Branch labeled LogitechG29. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

AMS Lumimari concept Sports Car 1.jpg
AMS Lumimari concept Sports Car 3.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Check us out on Social Media!

Last edited:
Was wondering if anyone else has noticed or has this being part of one of the previous updates.

As soon as one hits the gravel traps the car is completely undriveable, no chance even at slow speed getting out but if you hit the "I" and allow the AI to take over then AI gets out perfectly.

It's actually a bit annoying now because in test runs when pushing, if you go onto the gravel just a touch and it's tickets for you, far to intense and unrealistic.

I know some tracks around the world vary but generally most of them you can save your self even if it's getting out slowly.

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed or has this being part of one of the previous updates.

As soon as one hits the gravel traps the car is completely undriveable, no chance even at slow speed getting out but if you hit the "I" and allow the AI to take over then AI gets out perfectly.

It's actually a bit annoying now because in test runs when pushing, if you go onto the gravel just a touch and it's tickets for you, far to intense and unrealistic.

I know some tracks around the world vary but generally most of them you can save your self even if it's getting out slowly.

I have not noticed this--which tracks are you referring to? Just drove out of some traps in one of your new mod cars last eve ;)

Like Marc, I haven't noticed anything amiss. I'm very rarely in the gravel these day, though.

Even with stock content, a cars ability to get stuck will vary. Stuff like the Formula Trainer (a.k.a Ford) seems especially susceptible to getting bogged down. This isn't a recent thing, however.

Even though Reiza have toned it down, the AI also tends to run with a slightly different amount of traction, stabilty etc. which likely explains how it can get out yet you can't.

Like Marc, I haven't noticed anything amiss. I'm very rarely in the gravel these day, though.

Even with stock content, a cars ability to get stuck will vary. Stuff like the Formula Trainer (a.k.a Ford) seems especially susceptible to getting bogged down. This isn't a recent thing, however.

Even though Reiza have toned it down, the AI also tends to run with a slightly different amount of traction, stabilty etc. which likely explains how it can get out yet you can't.
I have not noticed this before but am busy with new cars and their setups so whilst making adjustments to the suspension and various other files one tends to run off a bit at time's whilst testing.
Must check with other cars and see but don't recall this at all.
I know Patrick has made some tracks with difficulties in the gravel but I'm not testing on these.

Okay so I just tested the V8's and no problem, obviously the Historic GT mod that I have being upgrading and working on has a problem.
Car's are perfect on track but really struggle in the gravel, no chance of saving your self.
Does anyone know which setting would need to be adjusted in the hdv file?

Be sure to check it with a range of cars, too (official Reiza content to eliminate any quirks from a conversion etc.).

If you can replicate it consistently the same content, others can have a look and see if they get the same results which would help determine if there is an issue. :)

Edit: Just read your most recent reply.

Okay so I just tested the V8's and no problem, obviously the Historic GT mod that I have being upgrading and working on has a problem.
Car's are perfect on track but really struggle in the gravel, no chance of saving your self.
Does anyone know which setting would need to be adjusted in the hdv file?

Part of the problem is the original engine mapping for some of those cars is either wrong, or doesn't translate well to AMS. There is way too little low-end torque on a car like the Corvette. And, the torque that is there comes in at too high an rpm. This was often manipulated to make them easier to drive for people with low-quality controllers. There are also issues with the tire grip. For example, PneumaticTrail is set to 0 in the latest Reiza TBC examples. Many tweaks have been made in between now and when those old TBC files (and all the other physics-related stuff) were created for the older titles. I don't think it is possible, but if we could swap the bias ply tire from the old Opala, I think there would be such a huge difference/improvement to realism. You are doing amazing work with the graphics on the old cars, but the physics are a long way off what we now have in the latest AMS vehicles.

Cars like the trainer, as mentioned above, are just prone to getting stuck. Spindly, wide and relatively soft suspension combined with a decent sized tub means they bottom a lot even on pavement and will beach themselves easily.

Plus, as we know, the gravel trap TDF settings vary widely depending on what is realistic from track to track, but also because track modders play around with the settings to purposely either punish or not punish off-track transgressors.

Part of the problem is the original engine mapping for some of those cars is either wrong, or doesn't translate well to AMS. There is way too little low-end torque on a car like the Corvette. And, the torque that is there comes in at too high an rpm. This was often manipulated to make them easier to drive for people with low-quality controllers. There are also issues with the tire grip. For example, PneumaticTrail is set to 0 in the latest Reiza TBC examples. Many tweaks have been made in between now and when those old TBC files (and all the other physics-related stuff) were created for the older titles. I don't think it is possible, but if we could swap the bias ply tire from the old Opala, I think there would be such a huge difference/improvement to realism. You are doing amazing work with the graphics on the old cars, but the physics are a long way off what we now have in the latest AMS vehicles.

Cars like the trainer, as mentioned above, are just prone to getting stuck. Spindly, wide and relatively soft suspension combined with a decent sized tub means they bottom a lot even on pavement and will beach themselves easily.

Plus, as we know, the gravel trap TDF settings vary widely depending on what is realistic from track to track, but also because track modders play around with the settings to purposely either punish or not punish off-track transgressors.
Appreciate the response, not looking for a whole story but which setting only, I don't want to swap car files from others, that's not a solution to me.

Will ask around, am sure I can get a straight answer.

As for physics there is nothing to really compare with Reiza as they don't have any cars that close or similar.
Most the physics have being done with someone who works with these cars so I would assume that he knows a bit more about them.

Last edited:
Appreciate the response, not looking for a whole story but which setting only, I don't want to swap car files from others, that's not a solution to me.

Will ask around, am sure I can get a straight answer.

As for physics there is nothing to really compare with Reiza as they don't have any cars that close or similar.
Most the physics have being done with someone who works with these cars so I would assume that he knows a bit more about them.

The short answer is that there is no short answer. Reiza cars and tracks work fine. If there is no obvious issue with the bottom of the cars being too low (can't imagine so with these "street" vehicles), then it's something trickier.

The short answer is that there is no short answer. Reiza cars and tracks work fine. If there is no obvious issue with the bottom of the cars being too low (can't imagine so with these "street" vehicles), then it's something trickier.
I know that and have mentioned it already above.

Since I've being working on these cars I've only been driving them and automatically assumed it was all AMS cars but know now that something needs to be set on the Historic cars.

There has to be a way to make these settings, every setting can be changed. Don't stress, have asked someone who knows more and how to build these cars.

I'm sure I will have a answer soon.

Last edited:
Historic GT cars?
MMMMM. :inlove:

No need to worry, unfortunately due to copyright issues I cannot share or upload here.

Really wish one could get permission to upload these beauties for the community to share.

Full restoration, upgrade, complete texture and shader update with many extras like new interiors, skin packs, sounds, tires, wheel rims, etc.

Still a long way to go but a few cars are finished already

j1AZqf069RUJqyLdbK8klSm1Kx9P_bzThDla4N5fgqCgtoB6HeAHzt607cDyNnnp4YwWn7IzhkseJ0ObS2MnQz8W6urdR2aYJTYzkgFmxkvpvRv_ICmX9t7Q0r9B32y6MWSQpzJu31hn1TCRVkthVW5_HIvvGmLgmbgdo4Hi7oGiIgBZSPKWk5S9L5G3-7BGzqkFHWFgkNKladR492bX7Iweds1G1Dy9nrThz4CA9W_5Hh3kaGNcMrmB07zmp8uIo-9HQBdz_4d5E9IvjE-GvH-WASxoiP136xWjiuv1YXegNGtHQ6D5BA9hhp89Pl3yX4r_pPrEAeN0QmedwUqufDbt5ezmtaZAHCzX_6NoE3LHWgKA50tnTFYYJLuLQPI9NqWlWI_X3vN8ZZkQdTvTD_1BnNVNPjz50ePIihT683ioEJax9tQ0gz43Le1vBitJyWyTcMgVs6Js2-xwvNzF7c2iMeeSBxojk7dooMjc7H2sBSkk3hShTmQsROe9G4uu24X22_pYvSOx7Jt9GW6IrjM41FXgx0JCUv6ADLyF-fn036-1gXzjYn8LatEWWLFKNfgxP9SeMNPNKhXkCx3_AkRHa49FTYSL-g9dc1qmlwcYILcwkRlWOKziCeYkQm72Ur1UUapGns_laI40pfh07rtecA=w1024-h490-no
RWDcld0cIwtp2fpe5IS9LqleLNR4Fr6WmpfTjAUi5aQTFPjYfTymra8Vy2cHcQH083smyfywvJEbXN4DNSOpTLMd8SZMEnymsGBsT8SkNEPSgFZxF-YHRNtTmngIe7Z9lxJqfAVrvT6YwDgW8EUyUqByyH7fYr_9aziwVVqZzRm5c5odmhlBsXAe_Cn3BOcqvwNgkVFyyRfoYaRLZhAm5HVQxTQAEqYeGcGGj_peUs4h9q0xdfF95I8dQgL0Ctaex2kYkgZP3GygoAkhqu1WfUm7TBiXKxpDyyZ71BhFa6pISSwd_y3WP3wAoECm6M9PANM1gXbMFrhHb1o_dAvnnjR3_nKM7lHB6I9a3sefgoC5TAfiQn7iAsGWOsfNtmf7jiF6IRPVftdMXlCd5ehn1Dqny5EUyyU0FgHGn5qWIzJdntR3zIqBR2lP3fewcJCM9twYkXLn-meu3VLTofHe0cWfJ5nHS1YwtRtyhlfnkwPMhgiGFVl4Y-au_JOV_QkqmSCsXTxAxZtaPKUofb6V9ZLsHL07uRmNnJqvBvhoWgSWOj2_jroldfFjUDFUTRwaka_tWllvYdkLuYp1NMpchTgxtlDS5atA5ZI1LaOcaFGocdHFAzdNWqGTryhafiMnk70LfLF3lNjUkdYvXxeKYoBZZA=w1024-h518-no
BZSGG8UZ9ER_QcUvonsac5YtAjG8eDFP_m_CcravMgsXKBS0eeJJ2Mmock2gAK-Ly65_Lkh46doX-ye6kN2VgE6tltlfe1DZxWQyLK-P6C0JCC5vIGGI9YLkua08YnmJ_kzknuGAfVFGhMPm2RGOC0KTBT_pr-xPewMS0sUqFngvFoU-szt_xyKmCS7VepsDUk84PQ5OnbAtwPlUTDaizWF5dr7MxqCJMqZQxgNYcA1y_eAwdxLcLd6Ctuz2puBB4ob8gZ8DI0NlrqbQwT_Ue30P-mISM1i20rp_2AKCk9OWy7uRYzRtfgDihdwrhOBrHtUeg6_CaI3zxvnmVtq57S-p4jsqmP7w3-7TOezsZFe4skT3clRjc6u_k2F05YBzSizF_us9RGtt2uP5OYBKa1wv345io1Pwsd49Dw3Jo4zplWbnsaDR75yjuvAPzijhAkr5MMHT5SsX9icbIEl3_STRw7ivywb8Zp9NxJW794ob_CNs1c4QRewB44njuVq7bjXw0eGwZbZIO6BA2f9U2BQfdeQ1obWUEG-mSGVdQqOOZ1bxG5zQxEb4T0NcZUY-P3_TMl5h5jfmFKAS4JpglouFccYURDiNXg3Qz2l-qgBQPmikSDimyOSY0RWzPQM9TT82by49WknN8cbJahblNsxo9A=w1024-h521-no

xG8By_uHr4jntNDFbQSZMeZmQE4vSDJdSxSKckn_opVyQHprVLssyxVdJ0dVvza7aIdUtbqvnq5zzJ2U2nTj2B_r9d2RALKwpVOa8iS0C2WhGgxAnygY76hhW2Umu8VED13QmiBq2g1AhHb0PQuuC6vwAeR8CowVGkHvMdcb6pYUA-ot-0y031UsUQZwwLYr0ZoTcUwTj6cWi7DPUv1lBQObGXXzfxaDrdtJNmHG52WGwcSo6bYkfAt2R9lta1FtoJC-FnsaQvROPqiK95Rwk0U_ec-BsoGro8YmSYrxDDRoC0-Bxd9AfggK9VOSTM3yUjODoFXnhG2It85hz1EvYlvsfFoJT9EXlUhHZ5cOCBmk9Y12-rCCfiHQcAh3H3cBj5lQlFY78i1Lb7MkmFUybwcceNkjs42M4EY6QCj0lKAP9FHz3Kcadn2Hz2-2cX-JFtRwzRq8Rd86jFAJXz_D0Y48xpbdlebZQ94Bo-W1hmnvsU53c_K9dUpdI2tfCkfyqnN0z5qnYvEYTtqVmBTFuKq-3VVLNAIcK6wNLKPNItGYfDKOKC23eIyrWe65KLUYFZVPL-8u8QSOh67QItG9UP-bojRjSc4HOulxbxLQpktg__jg9BbtNnekHSc32aD3_mi9nBnTx1eCoXEVWmBqOxdFSA=w1024-h499-no

jUo0mZZgVgDGlPxQ32ImZHcUqw6sr4mc-4MUnO6hhetnfuJSWizJGeAyKcYPpofGwSjGRYSk__ZrGMbInLKbdadM6-Qhw0rDfci-eaDVNjoJclPHZMyxE-fMjyFYlxyuzHQflSmZeTeXXEcsR_fNfYIOiqXPyuKnJbE0-ZR7IiJTrZjWhyxpQmQiED2Ve7Tq2NVYJtmvtqw-VTdDv3JORsp3CHtncC08_5LISJ74j3-_GatTzYZSnmUr_blaUInDvwME-pT_zZze4UqmO1vhwYtWS6uTDD_sx2KxzGJ5wFKoF5KClfU7V7rHd6YPsUtVoMReX51z27XNWr4mOi1OW6Yj6u-SPtGA6R2e2szGSyj8Y7haQoL42pdv-l8UKjcq0TB4E1sQndlQbHa6Iiy7QuThO8KNuXDUITqpg7uH_7tj00UKiIslyr9MDrlW4KnSZBlkqfQWPrFYknuweAe7wTs6WfAJ87h_joNhiJ5J-DoczcFV4WGD1IW3Z6sKhIWKLAXEKrxAVuUZtlkHjGwb04UWmTVfekVtNMtmLXSf3J3PBYQpR-O0q8cfpta_QjBXQlKEMl-E4-YDmUTXvSJAdL-qkGyq7hoIPX3DaIF5E-dTtTDuWcbIEQZBh5R0APWSVVchsPBPz9B8e8Y8KuFbvQSJTw=w368-h615-no
xrgzl1reKG_1NQyoFG0Ey24YLN8I7SWDBll7GT7ESAusPm0g9QhftmQF-HkLPAcJ8IUiIXcvzjbRkSPMjqV-QrzTcG1qGGVLyc1sjIWq-Ql3f93kNDo-4CYXpgOdFqc0JByFxaTTTIedtfueDILHFdYVDy7XIz-mKISe1IQOMkjIXweBbKAoffGPzo_Jmn2A73jfgAONnjdFmFKFgAff3t-UZIbxVmDrHT1664TQ97JxCh4WXLktFxT_UI56BBxAqeS1XuJYsLzoop2oBPVHexs1yrQjyW67vgsyidoSBQvHacHOO1xOXjYAmWGAFptCPIrcR6Y9y9XuvDfLh9KAiPtbJL2pyJuIX81_Y1YGZypvgPTwNsxfxAFouC-LxsvrD70wlbvrAes_73Q2sFb6FFHyKSbtzvCI4-pEGWEjgJKQWTrpRYd70zbItXCrM8UnuyNhAfwiPjMxOdAGpuJCTvJhl0DWRguzJxfI3ZI_m-5nUMiWH0dmnohnDUkiXDCPcqVETrVybWkW3JOVQKQELkj29_yevMtARaLZ6V9e1u5ZDp4Jmn3ZTkCUUz1cSFuLJYpHvKEXBL-i2_fP2knuGygwOit6hzJDMMoMztGeeQ1HzsEWzOcQFdr2cKqphouE15s5iCL-hQCEDt-o4BYsayyFmw=w390-h615-no

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%