Automobilista Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Update.jpg

Reiza Studios have deployed a small hotfix update for Automobilista, addressing several issues and continuing the updating of tracks in the game.

The new hotfix, released yesterday, is mainly aimed at quashing the last few remaining bugs from the recent build 1.4.5 update released back in July. Coming with fixes to address things around the new AI parameters, the latest build does look to be a solid improvement in that regard. One of the more noticeable aspects of the new hotfix should be the latest track updates for Montreal, Campo Grande, Brasilia, Caruaru, Buenos Aires, Guapore, Speedland, Granja, Cordoba, Spielberg and Salvador, which have all been updated to the latest visual standards introduced as part of build 1.4.5.

Build 1.4.5.3 Release Notes:
  • Slightly toned down AI aggression on all levels, & reduced AI risk calculation bypassing for overtaking on 1st lap when running MEDIUM AI Aggression setting (HIGH & MAX remain with full bypass)
  • Adjusted series-specific AI corner radius detection (used to decide whether to try switch lines to overtake) to more conservative values
  • Added information for connected devices & other minor adjustments to controller UI
  • Updated Montreal, Campo Grande, Brasilia, Caruaru, Buenos Aires, Guapore, Speedland, Granja, Cordoba, Spielberg & Salvador textures to latest standards
  • Fixed Stock Car 2017 & Curvelo IDs for VX leaderboards
  • Small update to billboard shaders, smoke & dust effects
  • Minor tire wear adjustments to Boxer, SuperV8, StockV8
  • Goiania: Fixed CTD loading short layouts
  • Interlagos: Fixed nightlighting on new road sections in 2017 variants
  • F-Ultimate: Added HALO as a configuration optional
  • StockV8: Added Lapenna´s car & fixed error causing Valerio´s car not to load; Added missing driver talent files; Added 2017 championship option with correct season order & scoring; Fixed glare in night lighting; Fixed LOD flaw in rear fender
  • Montana: Small adjustment on engine torque curve

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing simulation available from Steam.

Like mods? Looking to add plenty of new content to your Automobilista install? Well lucky you, we have an awesome AMS Modding Forum you can check view to download plenty of great community content! Don't forget playing games with others is fun too, so check out the AMS Racing Club sub forum for details of the many great online club race events we host on a regular basis here at RD.

Have you tried the latest build update yet? What do you think of the track improvements? Happy with the way AMS is developing so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I dont see the problem with halo, I think its the perfect chance to customize your car and make it feel like home!

zBY8CMD.jpg
Are there pictures from within cockpits at eye level on the real cars? I thought the mid column was thinner and went higher up before bending outwards. If there is elevation change you can kiss your situational awareness good bye.

The thing to look for with the halo is flag points. Find a track where you can see the flag marshals, learn where they are and then see if the halo blocks your view of any of them. There are some points around Silverstone I'm sure that the halo will block.

Are there pictures from within cockpits at eye level on the real cars? I thought the mid column was thinner and went higher up before bending outwards. If there is elevation change you can kiss your situational awareness good bye.
In-game seat adjustments. That screenshot looks to have the seat raised. ;)

Meanwhile, in rF2, it still rains inside of cars and the AI is useless in the wet. But they make sure they put plenty of work into paid dlc!
In the meanwhile Studio 397 released several free cars (Nissan, USF/2000, Radical) and tracks (e.g Zandvoort 2017 was just released today) and yes... they brought out their first paid DLC as well (which is great btw), because they also need to earn some money after having taken over rF2 from ISI and bringing the sim back to life, also upgrading it to DX11.

For me... rF2 AND Automobilista are the best sims out there today. They may be lacking in graphics, but they have great physics and FFB.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.