Autoclutch off faster laptimes??

Yes, it's true. It's not much, but there is a slight penalty to speed while using autoclutch.

The way you shift depends on the car you drive. For instance, Mustang has a H-pattern synchonized transmission. In a real world, you would probably go for clutch while upshifting and heel-toe for downshifting. Clutchless shift is possible of course, but you have to have the right RPM and even though it's not very gentle to your gearbox.

On the other hand, Corvette C6.R works without the clutch (except for standing starts). Simple upshift (throttle cut) and throttle blipping while downshifting (some people use clutch as well like in endurance races).

Why not Greg? It took me a while as well, but I think it's worth it.

Push the shifter forwards, hold it there, blip, release. It takes a while to synchronise, but i think it makes the Vette very enjoyable.

Why not Greg? It took me a while as well, but I think it's worth it.

Push the shifter forwards, hold it there, blip, release. It takes a while to synchronise, but i think it makes the Vette very enjoyable.

I have played the Endurance Mod for rFactor way to much :). So my methods are based on that. In that you need to blip on the downshifts (for the GT cars) and I could do it pretty well I think. But in that, the car would still downshift even if you didn't blip in the right spot. In iRacing you need to get it right otherwise it will not go into gear. Ya I just need to find a track I know really well like Watkins :D and figure it out. I think my problem is I do this brake>blip> pull the paddle to downshift, when it should be brake>engage the downshift paddle>blip>release after it goes in gear, right? I guess that's what I will work on this week.

Yes, it's exactly like that. It took me a couple of days to get myself comfortable with it, but after you learn it, it's not hard at all. I haven't failed to downshift for a long period of time so it can't be that difficult (since I am the slowest guys on this planet).

Yes, it's exactly like that. It took me a couple of days to get myself comfortable with it, but after you learn it, it's not hard at all. I haven't failed to downshift for a long period of time so it can't be that difficult (since I am the slowest guys on this planet).

Thanks Jan, I guess I need to work on it. So outside of the Corvette, cars like the MX-5 and Mustang, cars with the H-pattern, I can't see myself turning off the auto clutch and blip for those cars.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.