Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 drives h-pattern but appears sequential?

Hi,
I recently invested in a TH8A and in AC when selecting "use separate shifter" manual cars use the H-pattern which is nice. I noticed that the Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 uses manual H-pattern too but in this version of the Quattro, one of the last models in the series I think there appears to be a rally style sequential shifter, screenshot below.

Ako8nhI.jpg

If you refer to this video at about 06:40 in the guy states that the E2 had a double clutch system designed by Porsche and overall the correct shifting method would indeed appear to be sequential style?

When I drive the E2 like I said the H-pattern is selected and if manual clutch is enabled then I use clutch to change and a clutch appears in the E2 in AC. Could it have been so that this car was sequential and the clutch was maybe used only for launching and for "clutch kick" on corners like that which was added to DiRT Rally?

I'm not really bothered switching out the plate on the T8HA for sequential for the E2, manual is otherwise fine and quite fun of course but should this car be driven using paddle shifters on a wheel, set to automatic gears or manual using the sequential mode of the T8HA but without the clutch when changing gears? No big deal overall, just wondered... :)

The sequential PDK was only used on a few occasions, the AC version simulates the manual gearbox.
The road version of the Quattro Sport was manual, video below starts at 08:00 as I guess was the original longer wheel base Quattro for rally and the later shorter wheel base sport versions.
The PDK was maybe used for Pikes Peak when Walter Röhrl did his famous run. Wonder why the sequential style shifter appears then in the model in AC? I guess it's just how the car was but AC simulates manual like you say. Could it be that AC can't simulate it correctly? Again no big issue, just wondered...

Interesting photo thanks! Wonder what the shifter type in AC is based on then? I think it appears in footage of Walter driving the E2.

The second video also shows a manual, you can see that the shifter stays in the gear, it doesn't pop back to the centre.
The PDK worked in a way so that you didn't have to shift at all for upshifts, it was semi-automatic, but you had to shift down with the joystick.

It was the rod in front of the gear shifter that had me thinking it was sequential somehow. I guess the gearbox is in front then. Again thanks for clarification, interesting stuff :)
audi-80-quattro-b2-transsmision.jpg

the rally quattro layout was rather similar to this, typical Audi - front heavy with front diff and gearbox combined in one casing. That yellow curved rod should be the shift linkage

audi-quattro_x.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies