FM4 Auction House tips?

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
I love the auction house, i've found many cars for great prices ,but I havent had any luck selling? The other day I purchased a Lambo Muira for 35k which is well under the 400k price. I tried to sell the car for 150k which would be profit for me but still a deal for someone else and came up no bidders. I tried 100k, nobidders, 50k? no bidders....25k! No bidders. I finally put it up starting at 5k....No Bidders. I got pissed and said I'll put it up for 1k, no one wants this car. Someone walked away with a 400k classic Lambo for 1000 cr. I've done this with other cars like the BMWs in the game, corvettes, many desirable reward cars I dont want, all sold for 1000 credits or not even bidded on at half price value. The highest I've sold a car was a 92' NSX with a full face design I custom made which looked amazing. I started at 35k and it had 1 bidder. Any tips on how to auction or is this just bad luck?

Auction house bit if a mixed bag in FM4 - I think auctions are not a cash-cow like in FM3.

If you have already levelled up a car brand then unless you purchase for less than garage price there is no point in buying 2nd hand unless its for a tune or livery you like. ALL upgrade parts will be free!

I think it will settle down in a few weeks tho'.

I've picked up 900k cars for 100/150k but these are for my garage not to sell on.

Never undersell - try again in a few days/weeks. I also find that certain days/weekend - more gamers --> more bidders.
Look for cars that cannot be earned through levelling up - people will have to part with credits for these ...

Just a few thoughts based on my experience ..

I nabbed a McLaren F1 for about 250K, resold it for 500K I think. I also nabbed a Ferrari P4 for about 400K, I put it on the block but Haven't checked if it sold yet. I just went on there looking for the less than min. auctions and look for the deals.

I've read that you can get VIP both by pre-ordering Forza 4 or getting the season pass DLC? Which is it or is it both?

You can't get VIP by getting the Season pass DLC. If you want to be a VIP you need to buy the LCE (limited collection edition) version, or buy the VIP code from somewhere like eBay. I noticed the VIP code on eBay UK is as dear as the standard game itself.

The desciption for the Season pass DLC from xbox.com

With the Forza Motorsport 4 Season Pass, receive six add-on car packs of the hottest cars coming to Forza 4. Buy now and you’ll also receive the American Muscle Car Pack for free. You'll receive access to six packs of ten new cars to be released monthly from November, 2011 through April, 2012. As a bonus, you can immediately download all ten cars in the American Muscle Car Pack for free. Buy a Season Pass today!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%