Assetto Corsa Xbox One Update News

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Xbox One Delay Statement.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have today confirmed the delayed Xbox One update and Porsche DLC release have been resubmitted for approval to Microsoft and should be deployed week commencing Monday 5th December.

Many Xbox One Assetto Corsa fans have been left disappointed by the news that the major 1.09 patch was delayed back in November, with now both PC and PlayStation 4 versions of the title already sporting the updated game code and at least the first of three Porsche DLC packages. Apparently the initial submission to Microsoft failed to be approved for AC on Xbox One, hence a delay to the release whilst Kunos and 505 Games look to make the appropriate alterations to allow the update to be released.

In a recent statement from the development team, it looks as though the required amendments have now been completed and once again the update and DLC have been submitted to Microsoft for approval. It is not yet known exactly what caused the initial rejection from Microsoft, however Kunos and Co. must be confident that their latest work will gather the appropriate approvals to allow XB1 games to download the new patch "early next week".

With a rather mixed reception from the console audience, Kunos will be hoping the new update and DLC are well received by the community as Assetto Corsa looks to try and make up the lost ground and bad will of customers initially disappointed with the console edition of the title.

The Xbox One update statement from Kunos can be read in full below.

"Hi everyone!

Firstly, we want to thank our community for their patience and understanding with regards to the Xbox One Update v 1.09 patch. Of course, we're disappointed that the patch couldn't be released in November, along with the Porsche Pack Vol. 1 DLC, but the team have been working flat out to resolve the issues and resubmit as soon as possible!

Today, we're pleased to announce that v 1.09 has gone into submission and providing all goes well, we'll be releasing next week.

We'll keep you guys in the loop with the latest. In the meantime, have an awesome weekend."

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation available now for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game contains several paid DLC packages depending on the chosen platform.

Our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa sub forum is the place to go for all the latest news and chat regarding the simulation. Join in the discussion with your fellow AC fans, download a mod or two for the game (PC only) or even better take part in one of our Racing League and Club events to fully enjoy the title at its best. We have it all covered here at RD and look forward to seeing you out on track with us soon!

Assetto Corsa Xbox 1 player? How do you feel Kunos have treated you since the game release on console? Looking forward to the Porsche DLC and update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This latest xbox 1 patch has made me relise what it was that the game was missing that i couldn't put my finger on.... soft lock.

Now it has soft lock its incredible! patch 1.09 on xbox one just put this game firmly where it should of been all along... stunning credit where credit is due kunos.
For the first time since release i found myself playing it for hours last night, love it now! FINALLY!!!!

FINALLY!! WELL DONE!!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Forum trophies