Assetto Corsa v0.6.5 out now!

Finally got to put a few laps in the newest build and I'M absolutely blown away! First I put in quite a few laps with the mp4-12c gt3 at Mugello and it feels phenomenal. I can't seem to put two laps together and it has a harsh snap oversteer but it can be dialed out in the setup screen. Oh and this cars setup options are intimidating since I'm still a novice at that stuff. Before I got to tired to drive I did some laps in the bmw 1m s3, m3 stock and the z4 stock next. I haven't driven either of those since build 3 or 4 I think. Boy were those cars fun now. You can feel the weight transfer better and the tires are much more alive now. Lastly I gave the F40 and ktm xbow a spin and the F40 is terrifying.

I also removed all the filtering from the game to my wheel and now the cars feel so much more alive.

This sim feels like an event every time I fire it up! Absolutely amazing!

Big issue is actually lack of downforce on the rear at high speed, put wing to 7, lower the front more than the rear to about 60mm on front and 72mm on rear and you should be somewhere near, dont need to change tyre pressures. I'll post setup tomorrow but its lovely and stable and quick.

How can I change the parameters of the damping? I've only got generic numbers, without 'mm' and such.

Finally got to put a few laps in the newest build and I'M absolutely blown away! First I put in quite a few laps with the mp4-12c gt3 at Mugello and it feels phenomenal. I can't seem to put two laps together and it has a harsh snap oversteer but it can be dialed out in the setup screen. Oh and this cars setup options are intimidating since I'm still a novice at that stuff. Before I got to tired to drive I did some laps in the bmw 1m s3, m3 stock and the z4 stock next. I haven't driven either of those since build 3 or 4 I think. Boy were those cars fun now. You can feel the weight transfer better and the tires are much more alive now. Lastly I gave the F40 and ktm xbow a spin and the F40 is terrifying.

I also removed all the filtering from the game to my wheel and now the cars feel so much more alive.

This sim feels like an event every time I fire it up! Absolutely amazing!

Hi
Just a question....
How does one remove 'all the filtering from the game to the wheel?' so that I can see if the same response is felt from my Fanatec CSW.

Thanks.

In the options menu go to advanced...under force feedback settings there are three sliders...kerb effects, road effects, and slide effects I believe they are called....move the sliders all the way to the left and you will have no "canned" force feedback.

This will give the most real life steering wheel feel.....however, since we have no seat of the pants g-forces it is nice having those "canned" effects to let you know what the car is doing since feedback through our wheel is all we have to judge what is happening with the car. With all the effects turned off you won't feel the bumps in the track because for all but the biggest bumps you would only feel in your butt and not the wheel of your car in real life.

There is no right or wrong settings so play around and see what feels best to you.

I turn on the PC today, I go to RD and I read about v0.6.6, so I launch Steam and there it is - some 1,5 MB of additional stuff.
But a minute ago an additional 9 MB update started downloading... Any info about that?

I turn on the PC today, I go to RD and I read about v0.6.6, so I launch Steam and there it is - some 1,5 MB of additional stuff.
But a minute ago an additional 9 MB update started downloading... Any info about that?

I think it was some last minute occulus rift changes / fixes that got pushed.

I really like the MC 4 but after the option to turn off wheel (thank you for that) , i cant help but get REALLY annoyed by the uber low detail dials / hud of the 599XX , MC4 and another car i dont recall right now.

I am using triple screens so i guess it is more of an issue for me than single screen users.

I hope they fix them because right now they are FUGLY :D

Edit: Also, where are the FLAMES !!! CMON ! (the real life Macca GT3 is a real flamethrower)
:geek:

The MP4-12C GT3 is even better than I hoped, it is simply awesome!!!

I really like the MC 4 but after the option to turn off wheel (thank you for that) , i cant help but get REALLY annoyed by the uber low detail dials / hud of the 599XX , MC4 and another car i dont recall right now.

I am using triple screens so i guess it is more of an issue for me than single screen users.

I hope they fix them because right now they are FUGLY :D

Edit: Also, where are the FLAMES !!! CMON ! (the real life Macca GT3 is a real flamethrower)
:geek:

+1 one on that... I think the 599XX is the worst though, it just doesn't fit to the rest of the brilliant interior...
About the flames well I know that there are videos with huge flames but there are also videos with pretty much none of that. But I admit I rather had a flamethrower :D:D

Anyone tried the AI with the MP4-12C GT3? I did a couple races at imola and was rather surprised, the AI works great and there is not much facepalm stuff :cool:

+1 one on that... I think the 599XX is the worst though, it just doesn't fit to the rest of the brilliant interior...
About the flames well I know that there are videos with huge flames but there are also videos with pretty much none of that. But I admit I rather had a flamethrower :D:D

Anyone tried the AI with the MP4-12C GT3? I did a couple races at imola and was rather surprised, the AI works great and there is not much facepalm stuff :cool:

I 100% agree on the car. I also found it awesome!!

Regarding the LCD screen of the 599XX, indeed doesn´t look very good and it just doesn't fit to the rest. The MP4 GT3 is bad atm aswell, because not only is very low res, but it´s missing stuff and with the wrong scale.( I mean mainly the Gear Indicator and RPM/speed below it). Obviously there is a lot of other info like laptime, fuel, etc, but I´m pretty sure those will be add later on too.

11b3w9f.jpg

Anyway, I talked to Aris yesterday and he said the the McLaren GT3 LCD screen is definitely going to get a rework to make it better, so I hope it gets everything corrected.:D

And about the MP4-12C GT3 AI, yes, I tried some racing with them and I agree with you Dennis, I found it works great, give or take the occasional "wtf is he doing moment"! :D:D

Anyone else feel that driving the Z4 GT3 straight after the 12C GT3 is like stepping back in time? :D
And i agree with the snap oversteer in 12C. Turn 1 and Maggots/Becketts at Silverstone are arsehole puckering to say the least :D

Love it. Absolutely love it.

I don't know if i'm not getting it right, but i believe the Z4 has been slowed some...

About the oversteer problems, the Macca really benefits from some throttle balancing in high speed corners.

Brake early, small, gradual, steering movements and never fully lift... mid corner speed is the name of the game here.

I've tried a race with the mp4-12C gt3 against the bmw z4 gt3 at Mugello and it was am mess. I couldn't get to close to the AI before I got taken out every time.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%