Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

I meant ingame FFB settings and that filter, also I did some changes in the profiler (and put it back because other games), but I still have the same feeling on steering wheel. But anyway, I will wait full game release and see how my wheel will behave then :).

Go into the game files (system > data) and change the config to put the tarmac surface friction at around 6-7 (default 1), make sure stability control is off and try to drive out of the pits .

I managed to get out of there, with my left wheel on the right side of the car, so it seems in some form damage is on, not sure why but while in the pits the surface is different to the track, doing the above results in the car bouncing around like crazy. Checking through the install and it seems pretty much everything is moddable and easily changeable, the engine sounds are in as plain audio files, you can change the colour of the car too.

It seems I was right last night too, the tyres only get changed if you exit to the main menu and then reload the game, similar bug was present in Ferrari Virtual Academy when it first came out, strange.

Damn, this is good fun...

To change the driving view, I should edit some config files?
Hopefully the FOV and seat positions will be easy to change in the final version, while on the track/in the pits.

EDIT: ah, about sending data. How much do you need, is it necessary/useful to send a new set after I changed some graphics settings?

this is what happens when changing fov values goes wrong lol

Stretch armstrong:roflmao:

acs_2013_02_22_19_40_08_642_zpsa523fa62.jpg

Atleast I can see the wing mirrors now, but I noticed the left and right images are the same which is strange.

To fix this go:
Options->Video->View->Lock onboard camera to horizon (remove the mark)

You could also make other adjustments in X:\AC_TechPreview\cfg\camera_onboard.ini

Thanks....that did the trick.
I absolutely love this 'thing'. Everything about it is thought through.
The car looks...and more importantly acts so 'alive'. It understeers, oversteers, drifts, shifts, recovers....while looking and responding just like my daily 'driver' does.
ACTP seems to do everything well.
This year just got really interesting for simracers.
Kunos and company have just raised the bar another notch.

Thanks....that did the trick.
I absolutely love this 'thing'. Everything about it is thought through.
The car looks...and more importantly acts so 'alive'. It understeers, oversteers, drifts, shifts, recovers....while looking and responding just like my daily 'driver' does.
ACTP seems to do everything well.
This year just got really interesting for simracers.
Kunos and company have just raised the bar another notch.

btw you will see the difference the lock camera to horizon option does when you will try tracks with more elevation. I understand that you might not like it, but for the first time you really understand the amount of elevation on a monitor screen. Remember to play with it again.

I would want to see that at least with the engine revving up and with manual clutch, you could't just upshift to any gear above and hear the grinding noise that is really cool.
i would've done it this way: you are in second and try to just shift up without pressing the clutch, then hear the grinding noise and don't let the game to select 3rd gear. and leave it in the Neutral, so you need to press the clutch and shift into 3rd again. maybe it's not possible.. but i bet you could do anything!
the arms coordination it's very realistic when shifting, the fingers should be more in a closed position so it seems you are holding the wheel more firm.

It seems I was right last night too, the tyres only get changed if you exit to the main menu and then reload the game, similar bug was present in Ferrari Virtual Academy when it first came out, strange.

I thought this was the case!

How did you come to the conclusion?

One other thing I noticed coming from FVA is that I can around the hairpin at Magione almost the same way we were having to do it in Fiorano. Downshifting early, giving the wheel a slight, but quick tug to the inside, bouncing a bit off the limiter, and letting it do its thing into the corner. A great way to induce oversteer for the understeer prone corners.

Here are my first impressions.

Menus: The game menus and UI are superb. It is hard to believe that this is the same team that made the NetKar Pro menus! It is very user intuitive, slick and looks great. Another fantastic thing that SMS should take note of is that you can change video settings without having to restart the game. In fact you don't even have to hit a save button. This makes it very easy and quick to figure out optimal settings. Menus & UI = 10/10

In game HUD: This is another fantastic aspect of Asseto Corsa. Fully customizable HUD. It is very much like windows sidebar where you can drag gadgets onto the screen and position them anywhere you like. It is really easy to use and looks great. HUD = 10/10

Triple Screen Setup: Asseto Corsa has the best triple screen setup menu I have ever seen. Much better than iRacing. It is configured in game in real time. I managed to get my triples looking perfect with no distortion within about 1 minute! Brilliant. Triple Screen Setup = 10/10

Graphics: Asseto Corsa's graphics are very nice looking. I would say more natural looking than pCARS. HDR looks natural compared to pCARS over saturated look. It runs very smoothly too as opposed to Raceroom Racing Experience which required hacks to get a smooth framerate without any stuttering. With medium to high graphics settings I am getting a solid 60FPS with Asseto Corsa using my single HD 7950. Graphics = 10/10

Sound: The sound seems quite nice to me. It is not as good as raceroom racing experience but is perfectly adequate. The Elise sounds like I would expect it to. Going into the gravel traps sounds great. Better than pCARS. Sound = 8/10

FFB: Put me in the slightly disappointed camp.

I actually thought my GT3 RS V2 might be on the blink as I seemed to be getting next to no FFB. The wheel just felt heavy with a lot of centering spring. Seems my wheel is fine and other people are getting the same. I played both AC and pCARS back to back tonight. I haven't really played pCARS in a while but I have to say it feels really good using Jack Spade's FFB files. pCARS has better FFB than AC at the moment. There isn't much going on with AC's ffb using my GT3 RS. I had to set the gain to 200% to feel much. This needs to be improved quite a bit. FFB = 5/10

The physics seem quite good though. The car controls well.

im on triple screen, but installed AC on 1 screen, went into game & the menu/game keeps freezing every 30 seconds or so / crash, when it finaly does allow me to move my mouse i do and then click on anything and it does the same thing over and over.

i have UAC Disabled, i am a Administrator & the game run its Administrator mode, i have disabled my Anti Virus, i have installed the game to another hard drive, i have installed different Driver's & the same thing.

i have also tried setting the game to Real time in the Task manager (Affinity)

my specs are

OCz Corsair Black Vengance 16GB DDR3 Ram
ATI XFX 7870 2GB DDR5
Intel Core I5 2500K Unlocked 4.0Ghz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
240GB SSD OCZ

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.0%