Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

I could finally be happy using cockpit view, making it look close to the above.
As far as I know, you can only do it in the ingame console by pressing 'home' button.

Typing these in there:
set driverEye.z 0.15 | (forward-backward)
set driverEye.y 0.95 | (up-down)

Even happier now. :D

Only drawback is you have to type them again in every session.
I suppose no one knows if they could be entered in some config file, like the camera_onboard or something..?

make an App for it? could work, would'nt know though I'm no programmer!

Maybe you misunderstood a little bit. I like cockpit very much too, as long as it's adjustable, hide wheel, good adjustments for postion etc.. like it will be in the final version. :) So no need for console then.

Was just a case with this TP. :)

You can do a test and see if you have the same problems as me.

Turn off graphics until you have around 70-80fps
Go and do a lap, slow or fast, just feel the FFB.
Then go in settings, turn off settings until you get 140-150fps
and go out on track again.

For me without VSync enabled my wheel starts living it´s own little life.
At 70-80 the problem is masked but still there, at 140-150 it will actually pull full opposite lock by itself and turn on/off the forces on the straightaway.

The only thing that solved it for me was by turning on Vsync. Vertical Sync yes.

Outside the game use these settings,

Overall: 51%
Constant: 82%
Periodic: 60%
Spring: 0%
Damper: 8%

In game gain: 65%
filter: 0%

latest from Luca Sodano

Thank you a lot, will try it tomorrow... But it seems the same problem, suffering from opposite lock too and can't make fast corrections because of that.

Tip to everybody turn off all the apps for the time being untill they are optimised. With no apps on I get an average of 240 fps with just 2 apps on screen I get an average of 144, the more apps u have the bigger the hit with 4 apps I get about 70fps.

With no apps on Im starting to feel a bit more fidelity with my ffb. Still a bit too dampened mind.

Yeah I can turn on hdr now with out a hit, If I park up I get 400fps.
Im running on a 720p TV
[VIDEO]
WIDTH=1280
HEIGHT=720
REFRESH=59
FULLSCREEN=1
ANISOTROPIC=16
AASAMPLES=8
VSYNC=0
AAQUALITY=0
SHADOW_MAP_SIZE=4096
DISABLE_HDR=0

[EFFECTS]
MOTION_BLUR=0
FXAA=6
3D_GRASS=0

Unfortunately it seems that modern gfx engines with post processing effects are having problems with crossfire...actually the other way around, as the amd guys confirmed us...

Not very good on explaining this, have a look in the support forums and you'll find explanations for sure.

But yes I can confirm that setting crossfire is a pain and even enabling an app, can make fps bog down a lot.
Sorry if I'm not much helpful on this.

Not sure the console will remain in the final version.
Didn't any F1 key onboard cameras suit you?

Anyway, I'm a cockpit fanatic so can't really be objective here :p
To me it is a must to have adjustable cameras, pCARS is great on this part as you can pretty much have the camera upside down if you want, I like the cockpit view as anyone else, but some times I want to watch the car from the chase view for fun, and the current chase view in the AC TP isn't really good for me, I'd like to be able to make the camera closer to the car and less angled downwards, like this:
3C697CE4B1FF97560E19C5C3FE360AAADC7A3831

Also, I dunno about AC, but in most games that are moddable, it helps to have a console to change/add/remove stuff on the fly.

wow.. I just changed my audio device to my audio production interface.. so I could listen to AC on my Monitor Speakers (I am playing in my studio).. which are going quite linear from 18hz to 20khz... usually I use to play and watch movies on my cheap creative 5.1 system.. because for that stuff I prefer surround more then sound quality.. the monitor system I just use for music production /listening .. a 5.1 system of that kind what kill my budget :D ...

however I already knew from my cheap 5.1 system there is quite of thumb going on in the sub frequencies... so I was curious how it sounds on my monitor speaker system... just switched to it as a test... and woow lots of very low sub rumbling/punch in there... realiesed frequencies down to I would say 28hz and still a bit rumbling punch under even under that... (to recieve even lower frequencies I would need to turn up the volume because of our human ear.. which isn't possible with neighbours at this time :D )
however quite impressive alive sub stuff going on... however lags a bit in the upper mid and highrange but well I drove only in cockpit cam.. so I think it's the dampening of the helmet.. because it very much sounded like that...

the road noise is very nicely done.. you hear the low frequency rumbling of suspension and so running over bumps.. don't know yet if it is just a canned sample or if it realy response to the bumps.., but sounds quite right for the elise at magione...(don't know how this combination sounds in reallife but it feels quite right)

also when going over the grass and so.. sound quite like in real where you get all these heavy lowend rumbling...

also what is nicely done is the phase offset between left and right channel.. even in stereo you get a very good positional sound response... when rear tires are skidding for example.. the phase offset is pretty spot on ... that you hear it almost realy from the back... well done.. that are things with what I experiment alot in sound design and music production..
don't know if kunos used a ready 3rd party encoder for it.. or if they even did that on their own too.. however if it's a 3rd party plugin.. good choice.. if they done it by their own.. good work :thumbsup:

Aristotelis Having some issues with the Fanatec widget.

1. Seems to me like I get the same strong shaking no matter how strong/weak FFB is set.
2. Numbers (speed) get stuck on wheel when I disable the widget.

It would be nice to have an option for showing gears or taking an advantage of brake motor on clubsport pedals to get some shaking under wheel lock.

I have GT3 RS V2 FW681 and driver 115.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies