• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Assetto Corsa Pit Limiter Button

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Trent Collett, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Trent Collett

Trent Collett

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to Assetto Corsa but can't find a pit limiter button function for PC. Can anyone help me?

2. Steven Marshall

Steven Marshall
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    They don't have one, so it's just an automatic limiter. Incidentally, I just posted a topic on the limitations of AC's button config compared to the 3/2017 update to RaceRoom for example. The configuration for your wheel has always been pretty poor in AC even though it is one of my favorite sims. I just cannot believe the wheel options. We cannot even assign a button for pause or Esc to the wheel. You have to hit the Esc on the keyboard unless you get one of those assigning keys to buttons programs.

3. Trent Collett

Trent Collett

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve. I thought I was going crazy! Assetto Corsa's button mapping or lack there of is ridiculous. The worst I've seen. Such a great sim with so many basic downfalls. Hopefully one day they release some patches yet unlikely!

4. elcid4300

elcid4300

Ratings:
    +21
    I totally agree! Just got myself a PC (had a PS4) and love the fact you can mod games etc. Being new to all of this, I was so excited to get the RacesSim Studios Formula Hybrid car because I was thinking, BUTTONS! Turns out all you can do from the wheel is DRS and adjust brake bias :whistling:

Incredible car that could be taken to another level with some wheel button mapping. Cmon Kunos!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé

Ratings:
    +125
    I agree that it is pretty limited, but with a software like joy2key you can map pretty much any key to your wheel buttons. I have every buttons on my BMW wheel to a function in AC. (Esc key, turbo, FFB level, etc...)

6. Trent Collett

Trent Collett

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mathieu, I'll be looking up Joy2Key and check it out.

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,543
    That's a mod car though, modders may not have the ability/desire to have all those controls mapped to buttons. Try the Ferrari SF15-T, there's a whole list of things you can map to buttons with that car (but you need a degree in rocket science to understand them all).

8. elcid4300

elcid4300

Ratings:
    +21
    Aha, well then I might have to give the Ferrari a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steven Marshall

Steven Marshall
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    It's definitely true that AC spent a lot of time on the wheel options for F1. But they didn't solve the problem where the wheel itself lacks even the basics like Esc. We need Joy2Key just for that basic function. But even then, there aren't really that many keyboard shortcuts either in AC to even map with Joy2Key but at least it's something. So if AC could spend that much time with F1 and all those options, can we just get Esc, Pit Limiter and a few other basic commands. lol....They include the horn as an option for annoying horn addicts but not Esc or Pit Limiter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Radu Oros

Radu Oros

Ratings:
    +383
    Adding pit limiter button is not just adding pit limiter button. You need to create a system of penalties, information, and warnings for the player.

What's the point of adding Esc as wheel button when the rest of the actions need to be performed with the mouse after you pressed Esc. So they would need to make all these actions bind to directions and enter to replace the mouse, and link it to the menu graphics. Currently Esc only serves to bring the esc-menu on screen and everything else needs the Mouse, so they know is pointless to make Esc a button bind option in the Controls menu.

Horn and lights serve a purpose on the race track (horn only for road cars since race cars don't tend to have them).

11. Steven Marshall

Steven Marshall
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6
    Actually, I am very glad you brought up those points. I refrained from getting into the details just to answer the basic points that we need wheel options. But the POV would need to function as well I agree. So you would hit Esc then POV down or up. But just as a comparison, I believe almost all other sims have Esc or some way to pause or Esc and we still have to grab the mouse. So it's not like we aren't all used to it and it does have value. But I understand you points. Thank you.

Also, I didn't mention the lights because I agree we do have a purpose for both options. But the horn is pretty much useless for the most part.