News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

i have both wheels with the same settings in the profiler, 104% - 0/0/0 900, sometimes i try a bit more or less % in the overall strenght but that it..

Those effects settings are actually high speed device internal effects that can be important.

Has the AC team specifically said to turn them to zero, or have they tuned the profiles for each wheel with them in mind? Ie, they should be turned on?

Dave

for the f1 car thing... well it's nice to have an nearly up to date (like only 1 year old or so) f1 ofcourse.. but I personally have much more interest in an F1 of 2004... or something around there... actual f1 is nice (except drs and tires that aren't made for f1 forces) but for me it isn't as much f1 as it was back then... well that is said about many f1 eras but don't know every f1 era had is specials.. for example the 80s with its turbos of doom :D .. the 90s wchich was somehting between old and modern but still with that a bit dirty racing look (oily things, rubber and so on... also the point system and practice quali warmup race system and so had this kind of race flavor... where the modern f1 seems to be so clean and dustfree like)... then the I would call it 2004 peak era (from 2000 till 2006 or so something around that but I think with the peak about 2004).. with the advanced aero and the amazing power of the v10s ...

all eras so far had something special... only the todays one since don't realy know 2008 or so? just doesn't have the peak of motorsport magic... it got more and more made for the ordinary viewers.. if something was making overtaking hard it was banned or changed and so on.. and to force more overtaking give them tires that won't last a lap and implement things like drs... it's going to get more and more a show for the ordinary tv viewers then a motorsport... I still watch it but it doesn't attract me like it did all the years before...

however that is my opinion...

I think you are spot on , F1 for the last 3-4 or so years has been depressing. There have been some small moments but most races play out as if its a long qualifying , when we did have kubbiker , Schumacher or anyone for that matter , actually race / defend / use more cunning it was presented as if they were cheating.

The sport is obviously far better for advertisers , fans of the celebrity and as a parade of company logos. For those of us that like to see actual racing on the limit and drivers making mesmerizing moves that's almost all gone.

I think some drivers have got to the point where they don't even push they know its not worth the risk as by the end of the race the cars will basically be order the same regardless of what a driver does , evan within the teams when you do get matched cars when it comes to overtaking the team gives orders or its simply a Free DRS pass or the case that one driver ends up in-front by chance due to running a alternate tire strategy that was decided before the race.

For me with F1 there is more enjoyment to be had reading about the technical spec of the cars and the engineering of the aero on F1 technical than there is from watching the races. Still we have BTCC WRC and other race series that can be quite entertaining.

If kunos went with a 90s-2004 F1 car I'd be more than happy I also wonder if our view of recent F1 is a common one for simracers.

Yes Aris, also told me that the license does not allow [Bernie is not allowed] put the latest cars. This can only be cars from last season.

So now, in 2013, We could see cars from 2012 year.
And I forgot about one very important thing about F1. For now it is only possible to have a Lotus F1 car in game [I do not know how it is now for Ferrari] but it was at the time of GC '12 so now could be different. Aris must answer.

Haha, so funny reading the comments trying to work out the car and manufacturer from the courier they used to presumably post the licensing agreement :D "DHL are German, so it must be Audi or Mercedes!!!!1!!1"

I think you are spot on , F1 for the last 3-4 or so years has been depressing. There have been some small moments but most races play out as if its a long qualifying , when we did have kubbiker , Schumacher or anyone for that matter , actually race / defend / use more cunning it was presented as if they were cheating.

The sport is obviously far better for advertisers , fans of the celebrity and as a parade of company logos. For those of us that like to see actual racing on the limit and drivers making mesmerizing moves that's almost all gone.

I think some drivers have got to the point where they don't even push they know its not worth the risk as by the end of the race the cars will basically be order the same regardless of what a driver does , evan within the teams when you do get matched cars when it comes to overtaking the team gives orders or its simply a Free DRS pass or the case that one driver ends up in-front by chance due to running a alternate tire strategy that was decided before the race.

For me with F1 there is more enjoyment to be had reading about the technical spec of the cars and the engineering of the aero on F1 technical than there is from watching the races. Still we have BTCC WRC and other race series that can be quite entertaining.

If kunos went with a 90s-2004 F1 car I'd be more than happy I also wonder if our view of recent F1 is a common one for simracers.
Sorry for the OT post but it sounds to me like you haven't been watching F1 for at least 3 years cos the last 2 or 3 seasons have been friggin great if you ask me. Granted I didn't watch during the Senna era etc but I still can spot good racing when I see it.

Sorry for the OT post but it sounds to me like you haven't been watching F1 for at least 3 years cos the last 2 or 3 seasons have been friggin great if you ask me. Granted I didn't watch during the Senna era etc but I still can spot good racing when I see it.

Well its good that you can enjoy it, There have been some good moments and a couple of moves that were impressive but for the most part it just feels dulled down to me.

I still watch every race even get up for the early ones , Fortunately there are some tracks that regardless of what happens with the rules and the cars they always produce interesting racing or just interesting on-boards , what I was saying was just relative to my perception of 1995-2004 V 2007-Now. Maybe I'm just getting old ;)

The Senna era is abit over hyped.. yes he was amazing.. and there were all the guys like prost, mansell, schumacher and alot lot other big names... but it was not like some of the retro or tribute videos might transfer it.. that are also only cutted together highlights.. which is nice for the retro feeling.. but doesn't reflect that era correctly.. it was still GP racing.. not soo much differend to the mid 90s - 00s or so ... and that is what is lost in the last years in my opinion... yes the field is tighter and there are more differend people and teams winning and so on... and maybe there are more overtakes... but all that is kind of forced by drs and the bad tires and so.. it doesn't feel like it is so for real.. only for show..because it got more somekind of a luck game... it's feeling like the try to make it a bit more "nascar" like... nascar is a big show... but the actual racing where positions and overtakes are something worth is only 1-2 laps long.. all the thing before is kind of show and how has luck to dodge the wreck fest

ofcourse f1 is not totally like that but it feels like it was going that direction a bit more and more with every year the last 5 years or so..

but however I can understand if some people prefer that...it went the entertainment route... so it's logical that some(many) people like it more

but with that entertainment route the magic has gone for me ( I also still watch it and will watch it very early in the morning for example and so on)... but all that stuff they made to make it more entertaining for the viewers ...( I mean the tires and the drs stuff were realy made just for that target.. also the aero changement like narrower cars with higher wings and so on)
it's abit like boxing vs. show wrestling (not my kind of "sports" and yes the comparement is a good portion exarageted but is is a little bit like that)

This is derailing a AC thread into F1 discussion, but I can't help it ><
Sorry Kunos, sorry AC fans and sorry RD mods xD

For starters I don't see how the rules making a more tight field is a bad thing, would you rather watch another 3-4 years of Schumacer (or insert other driver here) completely dominating every race and every season while the rest fight over the remaining points? Now THAT was some boring years in my opinion, I don't care how good a driver he was it was NOT interesting racing! It's kinda like watching Norway winning in football, sure it's a victory but they play boring as hell football! (and that's coming from a norwegian!).
Vettel and Newey are proof of the pudding, they are showing that even when the rules are working against them, even when Newey has to taint his car with this awful thing called KERS (his opinion, not mine), he still can produce a pretty much rock solid car that flies in the hands of Vettel. Watching Vettel win 3 years in a row has been exciting like hell, because it took a helluva lot of both racing and ingenious engineering to put him there, with a lot of fighting with rivals and I don't even like Vettel!

Again sorry, ramble of a post and offtopic, I'll be off to the silent corner for a while... xD

Not to start something but the schumi-era was identical to what Newey and Vettel did in 2010 and 2011.
With less technical failures in 2010 it would have looked similar to 2011.
Superior cars thanks to the designer, just like Ferrari-era with Byrne at the top.
(it´s no coincidence they both are the most succesful designers in F1)

06-07-08 were proper years.
2012 as well due to certain mishaps that allowed Alonso to capitalize on others failures/mistakes.

How can anyone not love Formula 1 these last years? Especially 2010 & 2012. Remember the last race in 2010? It was fascinating. And without anything like DRS Alonso was stuck behind Petrov. Remember how people complained about the lack of overtaking...

The last race of last season was problaby one of the most epic finales in a GP season.

I can't really understand people who want to go back to the early 2000's... The average number of overtakes was around 5 per race back then. We even had some races at Barcelona and Hungaroring when there were 0 (!!) overtakes. Many many of these races were simpy processions, were all you needed to do is to be on pole.

People forget those times pretty quickly...

How can anyone not love Formula 1 these last years? Especially 2010 & 2012. Remember the last race in 2010? It was fascinating. And without anything like DRS Alonso was stuck behind Petrov. Remember how people complained about the lack of overtaking...

The last race of last season was problaby one of the most epic finales in a GP season.

I can't really understand people who want to go back to the early 2000's... The average number of overtakes was around 5 per race back then. We even had some races at Barcelona and Hungaroring when there were 0 (!!) overtakes. Many many of these races were simpy processions, were all you needed to do is to be on pole.

People forget those times pretty quickly...

I agree that the last race was exciting and also had it's magic back... but that was caused by the weather... indeed the rain races are the best races now.. because they can push again to the limit and are not limited by a tire which would overheat after half a lap if they would drive on the limit in dry...... in the past I wasn't that much a fan of rain races... today the rain races are the best .. because the rain overrites those new stuff like drs and tire thing...

however...it's just how it is feeling to me and I think also we need to get back on topic :D

aris and programmers in AC, remember that now we can use the benefits of button boxes, i hope there are some options in AC to use with the button boxes (even i don't have one so far).
in the TP i don't find them useful since you can use the mouse for most of the options, and while racing i didn't find anything. since AC won't have pit stops in v1.0 i don't see a use for them by now other than start the car maybe or turn off ABS, but for seat adjustments and so, please think about that

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.