1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured PC Assetto Corsa: Glickenhaus' newest baby, the SCG 003C coming?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Bram, May 14, 2015.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003C 01.jpg
    Silence has been surrounding the development team of Kunos Simulazioni the last weeks which can only mean they are hard at work. However when it's time to relax they seem to pick one of the hottest places to be: The Nürburgring Nordschleife.

This weekend the ADAC Zurich 24 Hour Race is held at the mother of all tracks and Kunos' long term friends of Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus seem to have invited the Italian developers over to witness their participation in the race with their brand new SCG 003C.

The 3.5 liter twin-turbo V6 powered by Honda, spitting out no less than 530bhp, is the successor of the P 4/5 Competizione, which is already available in Assetto Corsa, and the SCG 003C (Competizione) will most likely be available to PC sim racers as well.

On Facebook the studio hinted to the new car with a blurry image which is actually the yellow monster you can see above and below you find the same car on track plus a picture of Aris showing the car in game.

Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus 03.jpg Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus 04.jpg Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003C 01.jpg Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003C 02.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  2. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium Member

Now that is some awesom news. Mad props to Glickenhaus he's a gentleman and a scholar.

PS. Click BAIT!

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Bram

Bram

Clickenhaus!:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 5
  4. indeed amazing news, one thing though. I don't think it's the stradale in the pic with Aristo. I think it's the Competizione (check the rear wing and front lights) also, on Facebook SCG said "SCG003C x Assetto Corsa"

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Bram

Bram

6. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

As nice as that is, I'm still waiting on the Ford & Audi's ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron
    Don't give me your patter Premium Member

No doubt about it scg has been to vallelunga this year a few times :)

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Looks brutal. I want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Amazing looking car, but not so sure it's in the spirit of the 24 hour class rules....it's almost a LMP car.

I also really don't like the look of that front lift in the video, if it's doing that all by itself they will have to be careful in traffic. As a motorsport fan I don't want any more cars taking off please.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way (love the Nurburgring 24 hours), this is not a criticism just an observation :). Will look forward to the race and hope it's a safe one for everyone :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. brooptss

brooptss
    Premium Member

Great stuff! Can't wait to see all the new cars. Really hoping they also include some multiplayer improvements as well, so the game can really take off on another level.

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

*looks at car* *looks at video* *wants in life ASAP*

12. This is something to get excited about, unlike the VGT program full of fantasy cars.

Plus we have the best laser-scanned version of the Nordschleife to run it around, how appropriate :D

13. Thanks for the info, Bram.
    This car with AC quality must be a great addition. And I'm really interested in how the physics will be like! :)

14. Anyone notice front/left jack is not on floor? :geek:

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium Member

It's on floor.

16. eh...you sure?

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  17. The front-left to our view of the car, but technically the right-front corner of the car itself.

Tomato-Tomato, but still humorous. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah that one :)

19. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium Member

I had actually asked them (SCG) on Facebook many weeks ago and they confirmed it. ;)