• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Assetto Corsa - An Introduction to the Ferrari GTO

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,349
    Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTO Trailer.jpg
    Following the recent Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC drop for Assetto Corsa, Kunos Simulazioni have released a very nice little introduction to the iconic GTO.

One of the better things to come out of the 1980's automotive scene, the GTO very quickly found a spot in the automotive history books for its stunning lines and enviable performance statistics. Dripping in Italian flair and producing one of the more challenging driving experiences from the Scuderia during the period, the GTO has long been immortalised as an icon of the brand during the 80's.

Now recreated by Kunos as part of the seven car Ferrari Anniversary DLC release from earlier in the week, Kunos have taken to the video editing suite to produce a suitably impressive short introduction trailer for the car, which can be seen in full below:

Available now in the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC... The Ferrari GTO. Announced by Enzo Ferrari in September 1983, and unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1984, the GTO (also unofficially known with the 288 prefix) sparked off a wave of enthusiasm. The legendary name, the stunning styling by Pininfarina, the engine with its seemingly inexhaustible power (2.8 litres and 8 cylinders) and the widespread use of composite materials made the GTO the closest thing to a racing... car. To meet customer demand, 272 were built instead of the planned 200: all were sold before production began. The 288 appellation refers to the total cubic capacity of the engine and number of cylinders, 2.8 litres with 8 cylinders. Obviously, the \"GTO\" model name was a retro touch referring to the legendary 250 GTO of the early sixties, to which it was intended to be the spiritual successor in GT racing.

Assetto Corsa and the Ferrari Celebration DLC are available to purchase for PC on Steam now. The new DLC will be made available to Xbox One and PS4 consoles in the near future.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTO Trailer 3.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTO Trailer 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTO Trailer 4.jpg

For the latest news from Assetto Corsa then check out our Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a great place for downloading mods in our Modding sub forum, a dedicated location for new setup requests and downloads and of course our superb Racing and Leagues Club. Check then out, get involved and have some fun!

Like the new Ferrari DLC pack? What do you think of the GTO? Which is your favourite car in the pack so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Bert Austen

Bert Austen
    Pedal tho the metal Men Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    The GTO...not so cool....my favorite the F1 1967 / 312 car ....a lot of fun to drive and the 250 GTO is fun :geek:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  3. chargingcar

chargingcar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,155
    Lovely looking car right here!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Araripe

Araripe

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm yet to test it. Been struggling to learn how to be fast with the SF70H (no progress so far).

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Rage9one

Rage9one

Ratings:
    +11
    Great update! I especially love the f1 cars, but render stats no longer show cpu usage :/

6. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38

Ratings:
    +30
    Show what always is show to you, the main thread usage.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Newproto

Newproto

Ratings:
    +189
    This DLC should have been free of charge since after the Porsche Packs it is no longer interesting.

• Haha Haha x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  8. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +48
    PLZ make Ferrari DLC 2,3,etc ....

From 1980-2010...:thumbsup::inlove::rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  9. ronniej

ronniej
    The dude Premium

Ratings:
    +209
    Yes. Always been one of my favorites growing up and the drive in AC didn't disappoint, I very much like the powerful limited production/race models manufactures release. One could argue Ferrari is one who does it the best. The 288 GTO is my favourite so far, but I'M JUST GETTING STARTED!

"PLZ make Ferrari DLC 2,3,etc .... From 1980-2010"
    +1

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  10. XRRoy

XRRoy
    Vintage Tin Can Roller Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Need my opinion? This bae + Highlands Long = Sex. :x3:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. GP20

GP20

Ratings:
    +59
    idc
    More tracks, i will never buy again a car pack.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  12. guidofoc

guidofoc

Ratings:
    +111
    My poster car of the 80s, along with the Countach. I drove it yesterday on the Nords and it's very nice, surely will drive it more on road tracks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +144
    Totally agree with that combo it is truly sublime.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +84
    The 288 GTO at Trento Bondone and Semetin is sublime ! Just be sure to change the gear ratios to the EVO Spec version. Also, its a blast chasing or being chased by an AI car at Trento in the 288

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,437
    • Like Like x 2
  16. CobraCat

CobraCat

Ratings:
    +84
    I've been driving the 288 with street tires for a few days. I tried the semi slicks at Trento and it almost seemed as if they had less grip than the streets. Will have to do more tests

17. FishPapp

FishPapp

Ratings:
    +19
    Do you not like cars?

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Newproto

Newproto

Ratings:
    +189
    Everyone is interested in their cars.
    To me besides GT3, GT4, well, and some formulas all the rest is uninteresting, especially the old unmanageable junk ...
    just do not tell me how you get on from them.
    From the new DLC only formulas are interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
    • Sad Sad x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  19. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,437
    You are in luck then, you are done spending money on AC.

20. GP20

GP20

Ratings:
    +59
    • Like Like x 1