Assetto Corsa - An Introduction to the Ferrari GTO

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTO Trailer.jpg

Following the recent Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC drop for Assetto Corsa, Kunos Simulazioni have released a very nice little introduction to the iconic GTO.

One of the better things to come out of the 1980's automotive scene, the GTO very quickly found a spot in the automotive history books for its stunning lines and enviable performance statistics. Dripping in Italian flair and producing one of the more challenging driving experiences from the Scuderia during the period, the GTO has long been immortalised as an icon of the brand during the 80's.

Now recreated by Kunos as part of the seven car Ferrari Anniversary DLC release from earlier in the week, Kunos have taken to the video editing suite to produce a suitably impressive short introduction trailer for the car, which can be seen in full below:

Available now in the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC... The Ferrari GTO. Announced by Enzo Ferrari in September 1983, and unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1984, the GTO (also unofficially known with the 288 prefix) sparked off a wave of enthusiasm. The legendary name, the stunning styling by Pininfarina, the engine with its seemingly inexhaustible power (2.8 litres and 8 cylinders) and the widespread use of composite materials made the GTO the closest thing to a racing... car. To meet customer demand, 272 were built instead of the planned 200: all were sold before production began. The 288 appellation refers to the total cubic capacity of the engine and number of cylinders, 2.8 litres with 8 cylinders. Obviously, the \"GTO\" model name was a retro touch referring to the legendary 250 GTO of the early sixties, to which it was intended to be the spiritual successor in GT racing.

Assetto Corsa and the Ferrari Celebration DLC are available to purchase for PC on Steam now. The new DLC will be made available to Xbox One and PS4 consoles in the near future.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTO Trailer 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTO Trailer 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ferrari GTO Trailer 4.jpg

For the latest news from Assetto Corsa then check out our Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a great place for downloading mods in our Modding sub forum, a dedicated location for new setup requests and downloads and of course our superb Racing and Leagues Club. Check then out, get involved and have some fun!

Like the new Ferrari DLC pack? What do you think of the GTO? Which is your favourite car in the pack so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
R

ronniej

• ronniej

Like the new Ferrari DLC pack? What do you think of the GTO? Which is your favourite car in the pack so far? Let us know in the comments section below!
Yes. Always been one of my favorites growing up and the drive in AC didn't disappoint, I very much like the powerful limited production/race models manufactures release. One could argue Ferrari is one who does it the best. The 288 GTO is my favourite so far, but I'M JUST GETTING STARTED!

"PLZ make Ferrari DLC 2,3,etc .... From 1980-2010"
+1

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice drive at Alto Tajo also. Haven't even tried it on semi-slick tires yet, it's just too nice on the default streets. (with air pressure lowered about 3-4 psi all the way around)

There is also a nice (if I do say so myself) color pack available for it.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/color-pack-for-ferrari-288-gto.141172/

I've been driving the 288 with street tires for a few days. I tried the semi slicks at Trento and it almost seemed as if they had less grip than the streets. Will have to do more tests

D

Deleted member 99238

• Deleted member 99238

Do you not like cars?
Everyone is interested in their cars.
To me besides GT3, GT4, well, and some formulas all the rest is uninteresting, especially the old unmanageable junk ...
just do not tell me how you get on from them.
From the new DLC only formulas are interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%