Tracks Please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the description is quite tongue in cheek ;)
But lovely to see this being updated and you being active again.
Yes! That is the important thing. I think most would agree this track has reached Legend Status in Assetto Corsa. Goes to show you that bigger isn't always better.
Thx to @CobraCat I came around this:

Holy Moly, nice work.:thumbsup:
Ah! I love the Reality vs AC videos. It's always good to see another.
could someone please upload a lap on the new layout, I can't seem to find it lol
It sounds like this new build doesn't come with a map. For those who don't have the route memorized, or for general knowledge to be used in the future...if you have Content Manager you can go into Content > Tracks > Select the Track without a map > Press Update Map. That should take care of it for you, however, that's not always the case. Sometimes you'll find that the words "Update Map" are grayed out. If that's the case, click on the small down-arrow in the lower right corner of the Update Map button. Select Update Map From Surfaces. That should do it for you. There are a few instances where this Update Map procedure is unavailable. If that's the case and you're having trouble, I would recommend contacting the official Support Thread, like the one we're in right now.

Yes! That is the important thing. I think most would agree this track has reached Legend Status in Assetto Corsa. Goes to show you that bigger isn't always better.

Ah! I love the Reality vs AC videos. It's always good to see another.

It sounds like this new build doesn't come with a map. For those who don't have the route memorized, or for general knowledge to be used in the future...if you have Content Manager you can go into Content > Tracks > Select the Track without a map > Press Update Map. That should take care of it for you, however, that's not always the case. Sometimes you'll find that the words "Update Map" are grayed out. If that's the case, click on the small down-arrow in the lower right corner of the Update Map button. Select Update Map From Surfaces. That should do it for you. There are a few instances where this Update Map procedure is unavailable. If that's the case and you're having trouble, I would recommend contacting the official Support Thread, like the one we're in right now.

What was funny about my comment on the physical road before? :)

if you managed to seem them you're going slow :)
I finally found the place, thanks! Couldn't manage to brake on the gravel for that right hander yet lol

I'm working on some cameras for that layout (Oh, gotta do the fastlane for that layout aswell)

Yeah, I went to the field twice before figuring it out :p requires really early braking.

For going slow, actually it`s awesome on this track, 1-2 quick laps, stop here, do some sigtseeing and screenshots slowly roll, again 1-2 quick laps, stop in another place :p
It was even better to do this without invisible walls, but I understand the decision.

Probably you need to explain a bit what you meant.

Yeah maybe. I looked at the track, because I was curious to see the solutions made on a track with 300+ materials and among things that caught my eye was that the visual road is chopped to pieces and is acting as the physical mesh too. Meaning it will will render the road AND calculate the physics withing visibilty, regardless of the road being in smaller pieces.
In this case, it's not a big hit on CPU, as the road mesh only basic low tris visual.
So I'm curious if this was a decision made based on testing, if it was the best solution here or maybe on the to-do list, along combining a lot of materials/textures yet to bring the material count further down.

It's not that I "know better", I'm comparing contradictory methods on how to build a proper track. Maybe there's a reason to why it is at it is, other than it has just not been done yet.

Last edited:
This is Lovely, Home like track. Even, if you are not from Germany.

It's a Good example, how really Could Look and feels tracks in AC. Quality of cars in Corsa - in general from Kunos and quality modders (my regards) - is Nice. But tracks mostly not is such visual level, as cars.
When you doing shots using Aspertsham (static or not) - they looks just cool for real.

If you like a beer or ... will gladly treat you.:cool:

P.S. Know, the best way is to Finish this one. But, let me ask question - do you have any other projects/tracks for AC in mind of even as already started?

It's a great place to just pull off the road for a while and enjoy the scenery while the engine cools off a bit.

Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_aspertsham_19-3-118-23-43-21.jpg

This "track" looks incredeble!So real..IMO just like Lemax tracks....LOVE IT!shame its short and there are only straight & harpins also AI crash at start:(
With this look I would love some better road with curves like Tajo or Lake luise that would be epic!!!
You have a great talent man!I hope you will some day make more tracks/roads...

Wenn du Hilfe in sachen Texturen oder Texturierung brauchst, würde ich dir gerne meine Hilfe anbieten! Würde mich freuen bei so einem projekt helfen zu können ;) hab auch ein wenig 3D modelier-erfahrung.

"If you need help in textures or texturing, I would like to offer you my help! Would be happy to help with such a project ;) also have a little 3D modeling experience."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back