F1 2012 Are upgrades from your first season carried over to the next season?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I had that too, first season with Ferrari completed it, than second season also did melbourne and damn same setup but cornering felt better and smoother.

After Malaysia i though meeeh i wanna do McLaren for new skin and the cornering just sucked. Can be beqause its a McLaren or just not the new parts

When you are in the main hub, you see those logos above the track you are currently.
Some give a settings logo. That means a R&D test is going to happen. You need to complete it and i u can use it it quali or in the race.
Yeap, i know what you are talking about. Problem is that im having a bug. I do the test but then the engineer (on qualifying) doesn't tell me if it worked or failed, so if i check the "settings" logo on the other tracks it have a different test, but when i get to the track, i have to do the same test i did on a previously race. Its like if the game forgets to check as "worked or didn't worked" and i keep doing the same test. :(
Stopped playing for now, the best mode for me is the career but with this bug :(

You know when your sitting in the car in the garage in career mode. You click on the screen to open up live view on track stuff like that.
There is a R&D channel says: aggresive balanced and something else.. If it got a blue colour means it works. if nothing pops up in blue i doesn't.

Otherwise like you said you have a bug.. that sucks..very hard..really hard..annoying..

Just went there to check it. Now it is like before. Balanced with a check. All of the upgrades below the R&D "path" are grey, blocked. My first season with Williams was good, got almost all the upgrades. I remember that the last one failed, but then the engineer told me on qualifying that it was a failure. Then on season 2 i got the first upgrade, when i did the test for the second upgrade the bug started, i had to do 4-5 times the drs on different tracks (and it was suposed to do suspension, break and engine) jut got the upgrade by the end of the season, im pretty sure its a bug. Like on 2010 and 2011, but at least the previous games had workarounds like not changing the setup, not fast forwarding the session, etc. This year i can't find anything to make it work. Did the same test without FF the session, without changing setups, without doing any laps beside the laps needed for the test. Nothing works :mad:

I can tell you how it worked last 2 games - R&D is RESET at the end of the season, all upgrades are not carried through to the next one. However, the higher you finish in the constructors championship - your car moves up/down a tier (performance). It should be the same this year.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%