Resource icon

Misc ARCADE FX (XXX Outdated XXX) 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
HVITKRIST submitted a new resource:

ARCADE FX - The Thumb Rider - New arcade style Gamepad FX

--- SHOWCASE ---

--- INTRO ---
Thanks to the brilliant creators of CSP, the game is finally playable for fellow padders. I am relatively new to the game myself, and almost gave up until coming across Console FX by the amazing modder Geraint Thomas. The fantastic feel of his script inspired me to mod it further, giving birth to Arcade FX. However, I have 0 knowledge in coding, let alone LUA, so the journey has been a...

Read more about this resource...

HVITKRIST updated ARCADE FX - The Thumb Rider with a new update entry:

----- GRIP -----
1. Dialed down the countersteer

FWD being the most noticeable, can corner much faster and smoother.

2. Attached a version with built-in control settings

If you're lazy to switch back and forth between grip and drift settings, this is for you. It overwrites all settings, but you can still tweak and save with notepad.

3. Attached control setting presets to drag'n'drop (read text file to see location)

----- DRIFT -----
Nothing much changed. Very unsatisfied with it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.3: New Features, Various Improvements and Fixes

---------- GRIP----------
1. Wheel Smoothness

Reduced twitchy wheel significantly, can even drive with internal cam with steering wheel on (although wheel movement doesn't represent input if that's what you want)

2. Script-Game Steering Speed Integration
You can use CM / controller tweaks app / xbox controller debug app slider to actually adjust the steering speed or the script in real time. Begin at 90 as...

GRIP - DRIFT Integration (Reupload bug fix)

DRIFT MODE
Activate drift mode in-game simply by setting SPEED SENSITIVITY to 0 (or below 10) in game with "controller tweaks" app slider (as shown in the picture below)

GRIP MODE
Activate grip mode anytime in-game by setting SPEED SENSITIVITY above 10 with "controller tweaks" app slider (as shown in the picture below)

The script uses your speed sensitivity game data value 10 as a trigger to toggle the two modes.

[IMG alt="Controller tweak...

GRIP-DRIFT Integration (Reupload bug fix)

DRIFT MODE
Activates drift mode when SPEED SENSITIVITY is below 10 (0-9)

GRIP MODE
Activates grip mode when SPEED SENSITIVITY is above 10

- Toggle in-game with "controller tweaks" app slider (as shown in the picture below)
- Drift mode can also be enjoyable for casual cruising

Controller tweak app.jpg

For those that have this and Geraint Thomas' ConsoleFX, which do you prefer and why?

What sort of game can this controller script be "compared" to?

Thanks for any response.

hi, is there a way to turn the autoclutch off? because it works wonderful on manual cars but its weird when i'm using race cars with clutch like gt3 / f1 because the rpm will jump at upshifts and downshift feels a little less fluid (mainly sound concern hehe)

Make sure you have disabled vanilla game's autoclutch
the autoclutch shouldn't cause problems since it only disengages when shifting button of your gamepad is pressed. Try not to apply throttle when shifting.

However, if you prefer manual clutch
delete these lines, search in notepad:
data.gearUp = upShift
data.gearDown = downShift
data.clutch = clutch
hi, is there a way to turn the autoclutch off? because it works wonderful on manual cars but its weird when i'm using race cars with clutch like gt3 / f1 because the rpm will jump at upshifts and downshift feels a little less fluid (mainly sound concern hehe)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 118 70.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 34 20.2%